Joaquin Miller Elementary School
Staff Bulletin September 15, 2014
Celebrate Success Together!
Week in Review - Important Dates to Know
9/16 Tech Meeting at 7:00 PM
9/17 Math PD
9/17 SSC 5:30 PM
9/18 PTA Meeting 6:30 PM
9/18 Smith at Network 1 Operations Meeting 8-4 PM AND CSC MEETING 4-6PM
9/20 Open Hours with Principal Smith 3:15 PM
9/20 Smith at ACSA Region VI Oakland President Chapter Meeting 8:00 to 9:30 AM
Deliverables and Operations
- Stull Bill Objectives due to Ms. Smith by September 18. Conferences must be held and resolved by October 1. Please don't delay in meeting these deadlines.
- Eval Calander record sheet due to me by Wednesday, September 17. Please be aware that Ms. Smith is off site on the first and third Thursdays for District mandated meetings. Do not schedule evals on these days.
- Instructional Schedule and 3-day emergency lesson plans for subs are needed by Friday, September 19. We gave out sub folders for everyone to use, please use the folder to submit your lesson plans for the sub.
Thank you in advance for helping to pull things together.
We are finsihing up with sorting and filing all of the student reg forms. There is a grey box in the office with emergency cards in them. Each of you will have a class set of emergency forms. There is an email folder for every parent in the office. We will be inputing emails into Aeries over the next week.
The universal referral form is being used correctly so far. Thank you for making the effort. COST forms were placed in everyone's mail box with an explanation from Ms. Hoag on how to use them. SST referrals will come out of the Cost referral. Our SST days will be Tuesdays from 2:50 to 3:30 PM. Ms. Hoag is our SST Coordinator. We will begin SST's on the 23rd of September.
Update on Room 2
Good Afternoon Room 2 Joaquin Miller Families,
Thank you to all the families who attended the information meeting about the status of the classroom. Your feedback and suggestions were much appreciated.
In order to provide a better teaching and learning environment for Room 2 students, the district is moving forward with the process to identify another classroom.
Our next steps toward achieving this goal are as follows:
1. Re-examine the potential classroom spaces with a representative from the Facilities Department
2. Identify the new classroom space for Room 2 students
3. Determine timeline for the move and communicate updates and next steps to Room 2 families by Friday, September 19th.
Our goal is to arrive at a decision that minimizes impact to the overall school community while optimizing the learning environment for Room 2 students.
Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to communicate with me, directly. I will be working with my Network Superintendent, Kyla Johnson-Trammell, and Building and Grounds to address all concerns.
Principal of Joaquin Miller