Valley Ridge Academy Media Center 2020
What is the Summer Slide?
VRA's Read 6 E-books for Summer Success
Did you know that your child could avoid summer reading loss by reading just 6 books this summer? With this inspiration, the VRA Media Center is sponsoring a summer reading program for our hawks that utilizes our library’s collection of E-books on MackinVia. The school library is always open online and the summer time is no exception. We have created summer reading lists from MackinVia for each grade level. Your child can participate in this program by doing the following:
1. Log-in to the MackinVia website with any Internet connected device using your student number and I-ready password. (Username – s12345 Password – tiger123 or use the Guest login by leaving the school line blank, Username – vra, Password – hawks)
2. Read at least 6 books from the grade level list posted on the MackinVia home page or the image list below. Use the list for the grade your child is entering in August 2020.
3. Circle the books that your child reads on the summer reading form and complete the name and new teacher information.
4. Turn in your Summer Success form when school starts by August 28 and receive a Smencil, brag tag, and new book. All students who complete the 6 E-book challenge will be entered into a drawing for 6 $20 gift certificates to the Fall Book Fair.
Below are the upcoming grade level lists. They are also listed on the MackinVia home page. Each list image below is linked to the groups in MackinVia. To download the Summer Reading Form click on the downloadable forms below each grade level list.
Up Coming Middle School Students Grades 6-8
The St. Johns County Public Library
- E-books - SJCPL uses Overdrive as their e-book platform (the app is called Libby) as well as Hoopla for ebooks & audiobooks. There are thousands of e-books available for elementary and middle school aged students with your library card. Get a 60-day online card here .
- Online events each day including storytime, art & activities
- Curbside Service-reserve a book by phone or online and pick it up at the library
SCHOLASTIC SUMMER READ-A-PALOOZA
As published on Scholastic's site ...
We are excited to share a brand new kids experience in Scholastic Home Base, a free digital destination which offers full books, live events, and games in a safe community for readers! Kids will be encouraged to track their reading streaks™ to earn rewards and unlock book donations, with the goal of donating 100,000 books by July!
Scholastic's new Home Base is a fun, safe, and completely free online destination where kids can create their own avatar, interact with their favorite Scholastic characters, play games, and read books. Home Base is moderated 24/7.