Valley Ridge Academy Media Center 2021
What is the Summer Slide?
VRA's Read 6 E-books for Summer Success
Did you know that your child could avoid summer reading loss by reading just 6 books this summer? With this inspiration, the VRA Media Center is sponsoring a summer reading program for our hawks that utilizes our library’s collection of E-books on MackinVia. The school library is always open online and the summer time is no exception. We have created summer reading lists from MackinVia for each grade level. Your child can participate in this program by doing the following:
1. Log-in to the MackinVia website with any Internet connected device using your student number and I-ready password. (ex. Username – s12345 Password – tiger123) or use the Guest login by leaving the school line blank, Username – vra, Password – hawks). Complete details are on the Mackinvia Log In instructions attached to your grade level list and listed below.
2. Read at least 6 books from the grade level list posted on the MackinVia home page or the image list below. Use the list for the grade your child is entering in August 2021.
3. Circle the books that your child reads on the summer reading form and complete their name and new teacher information.
4. Turn in your Summer Success form when school starts by August 27 and receive a Smencil, brag tag, and new book. All students who complete the 6 E-book challenge will be entered into a drawing for 6 $20 gift certificates to the Fall Book Fair (might be online).
Below are the upcoming grade level lists. They are also listed on the MackinVia home page. Each list image below is linked to the groups in MackinVia. To download the Summer Reading Form click on the downloadable forms below each grade level list.
Capstone, Buncee and Shannon McClintock Miller present...
From May 31 to August 31, 2021, children can participate in the free Virtual Summer Camp Adventure through the bi-weekly choice boards. The choice boards are filled with activities around reading, learning, creating, coding, science, moving, technology and more.
There is something for everyone and every age. The awesome thing about a choice board is every child can choose their very own summer camp adventure.
The Virtual Summer Camp Adventure consists of the following:
- 6 Bi-Weekly Themed Choice Boards
- Week 1 and 2 (May 31-June 14) Fairy and Tale Tales
- Week 3 and 4 (June 14-June 28) Sport Tales
- Week 5 and 6 (June 28-July 12) Scary Tales
- Week 7 and 8 (July 12-July 26) Pet Tales
- Week 9 and 10 (July 26-August 16) Zoo Tales
- Week 11 and 12 (August 16-August 31) Exotic Animal Tales
- 6 Bi-Weekly Capstone eBook Choice Boards which include 20 eBooks of various genres and reading levels around that particular theme
- Everything can be found at capstonepub.com/camp when camp opens on May 31, 2021. It will be open through August 31, 2021.