Easley Summer Update
What we know about Opening school
July 27, 2020
A Note from the principal
Hello Easley Families,
I am reaching out this afternoon to check in with you as I know you have many questions about so many things and I wish I had more answers; however, I am happy to share with you what I do know.
Right now, as a district, we are still planning systems, structures, and schedules as they pertain to remote learning. We have another big district meeting on Wednesday and will be planning with our Easley Opening Team on Thursday. I will be sending out a more detailed message on Friday when I have more specific information.
In the meantime here is what I know:
- Each student will be receive a Chromebook. We are not sure when they will be distributed as the new ones are still in transit.
- A daily schedule will be provided for each class with a mix of live, pre-recorded, and small group instruction in addition to independent work assignments and tasks.
- All students (Easley and Ignite!) will receive their instruction from Easley staff for at least the first nine weeks.
- You will be notified of your child's classroom teacher by a personal phone call the week of August 10th. We will also post class lists on the front and back doors of the school on the morning of Wednesday, August 12th.
- We are still planning on keeping last year's kindergarten and first grade classes together, with just a couple minor exceptions. This will hopefully provide some familiarity and continuity for our youngest learners, despite having a new teacher.
I hope you have a wonderful week and I will be in touch on Friday!
Kindergarten and New Student Registration
The Kindergarten and New Student Registration online platformis open You are able to access the platform on the DPS website. If you registered at Easley prior to the school closure your information has already been entered and you do not have to register online. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Data Manager, Lisa Varner, at Elizabeth.Varner@dpsnc.net.