October 19, 2018
Upcoming Dates to Remember
Monday, October 22 - Adventure Dash Fun Run!!! :
- Monday - Friday 22-26 - Red Ribbon Week! - more information below!
- Tuesday, October 23 - GT Parent Information Night 5:30-6:30
- Wednesday, October 24 - Marcos Pizza NIght
- Friday, October 26 - Student Flu Shots
- Tuesday, October 30 - Fall Pictures
- Friday, November 2 - Fun Night at Rennell! (See below to sign up!)
- Friday, November 9 - Veteran's Day Celebration at Rennell - see flyer at the bottom of this newsletter for more info!
Healthy School Flu Shots for Students
There is one more chance to sign your child up for the upcoming on-campus flu shot clinic on 10/26/2018. There is no cost, but you must sign up at cyfairisdflu.com
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:
Nurse's Office Needs
The weather has changed! Please consider donating any size 4-14 elastic waist pants/leggings that your kids have outgrown to the clinic. Right now, our clinic is only equipped to share shorts in the event that a child needs an emergency change at school. Please share any donations with our nurse! Thank you!
Adventure Dash Runs - Rescheduled for OCTOBER 22
We are so excited to share that our fun runs have been rescheduled for this coming Monday, October 22 during your student's large group time! Please be aware that the runs will be MESSY! Students will be running through foam, over and under different obstacles, and color will be thrown at them. Please don't send them in their best clothes, but something that is okay to get messy in. Additionally, please send your child with a change of clothes and towel so that they can dry off, change, and have a great rest of their day!
Fun Night at Rennell! Friday, November 2nd 5:30-7:30pm
We are encouraging students to learn beyond reading, math, writing, and science! We want to build relationships and have a fun night creating memories together! Teachers and Staff will be hosting fun and exciting stations for students to explore and learn new skills, crafts, and so much more!! The first 120 students who sign up and pay $12 online at bit.ly/RennellPay get to participate in this exciting event!
Fill out the permission slip (below) with all the required information, including payment of $12 online at bit.ly/RennellPay and return to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, October 30th!!
PM Car Rider Update
In an effort to speed up the car rider line in the afternoon and make it run efficiently, please pull your car up to the car in front of you and leave minimal space in between. This includes when you are waiting in the long line and once you have reached the student loading zone. It will allow for more cars to be in the car rider line so that the staff member taking numbers doesn’t have to walk on to Tuckerton. It will also minimize the distance that the students have to walk while in the student loading zone and help us load faster. Also, please remember that you need to be in the car rider line by 4:10 everyday. We stop taking numbers at 4:10. If your number is not taken due to entering the line after 4:10, you will need to park, bring in your license/ID and come in to the front office to sign your student out as a late pick up.
PTO Membership Drive
How do I join?
- New members create a login with their email. They will receive an email with a link to set up an account and pay the membership fee.
- Past members can log into their existing account and update their students' information (grade and teacher) and pay the membership fee. It is very important to have the grade and teacher information correct for tracking purposes.
How much does it cost and what does the money go to?
- $10 per household
- The money raised by the PTO goes right back into the school. We will be breaking ground on the outdoor classroom in December. Our next goal is to purchase an electronic marquee, alternative seating in the classroom, additional literacy library books, and field trips.
What is my commitment?
- Although we would love to have as many people volunteer as possible, we understand that there are many that cannot give their time. There are no required volunteer activities.
GT Open Referral
It is that time of year for the Gifted and Talented Open‐Referral Period. This year the window falls between October 1 –November 30, 2018. The HORIZONS Open-Referral Period for GT testing applies to current Cypress-Fairbanks ISD students and to transfer students arriving after the close of FALL testing.
If you are interested in having your student tested for the GT program, the Parent Survey and Permission to Test form must be completed and returned by the deadline. Forms are available below and at the front desk.
Parents may also go on the CFISD website under the Horizons Gifted and Talented tab to find more information.