Monday, October 28th
10/28/19 - 11/1/19: Red Ribbon Week
11/1/19: Spiritwear Orders Due
11/5/19: NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
11/6/19: Mobile Dentist
11/11/19: Veteran's Day Celebration
11/11/19 - 11/15/19: Scholastic Book Fair
1st & 2nd Grade KISS Luncheons
3rd Grade Station Rotations
4th Grade Science!
Red Ribbon Week
October 28th - November 1st
The 8 Habits Behavior Wheel!
We are always looking for ways to improve in the way that things are done. With that being said we are changing the current structure of our clip charts. Starting on Monday, September 30th we are making the shift to an 8 Habits Wheel to fit more in line with The Leader In Me and our school-wide expectations. Students will now clip around the wheel to the various habits that they are using or showing. This should help tie the action of the habit to the positive clip movement on the wheel. Students will still be able to clip off of the wheel onto a staff member’s shirt, whether that be a teacher, counselor, staff member, secretary or principal. We are trying to emphasize the positive behavior of our students. There has been a lot of research that has shown that drawing attention to the positive behavior of students helps to create a more lasting, positive change in their overall behavior. When your students get home after an amazing day at school they will not have ended the day on a specific “color” like they used to with the clip chart. So, instead of asking them what color they ended on, now the conversation can switch to “What habits did you use today?” Thank you all for being such an important part of Heritage Elementary!
The holidays are quickly approaching along with all the wonderful memories made during this special time of the year. The holidays are an enjoyable time with family and friends, however, that does not mean that they are not stressful! I realize some families may need extra assistance in providing a more memorable holiday for their children. Pickerington Schools are teaming up with the Violet Township Fire Department to help provide some holiday assistance for families in need during this holiday season.
For those out and about during the holiday season, you may see big red boxes throughout the community and in the schools. If you would like to donate a new toy/gift for the holiday season it can be placed the big red boxes. Gift cards are also appreciated. If you would prefer
to donate in other ways, please let me know.
If you would like to complete an online form for holiday assistance this year, please contact me by EMAIL or phone. The request link will then be provided to you, only one per household please. This form is handled in a confidential manner; however, the information will be shared with local agencies. More details will be shared with those families requesting holiday assistance. Please remember that we will only be able to supplement your holiday. The online form must be completed by Friday, November 22nd.
Mrs. Marieca Mattox
Heritage Elementary School Counselor
Thank you for taking the time to watch the video! If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me! You can reach me by email at email@example.com or by calling Heritage Elementary and asking for me. (Please allow 24 hours to receive a phone call back)
* Morning Breakfast*
Heritage serves breakfast every morning from 9:00 am to 9:15 am. The above breakfast menu has prices for your reference. Please communicate with your student whether or not they are to purchase breakfast. Thank you.
4th Grade 12:00 to 12:45 pm
1st Grade 12:15 to 1:00 pm
3rd Grade 12:30 to 1:15 pm
2nd Grade 12:45 to 1:30 pm
Click Here to add money to a lunch account using "My Payments Plus"
SENDING BREAKFAST/LUNCH MONEY TO SCHOOL
Here are a few tips to remember when sending lunch money to the school.
- You may send cash or check (made to PLSD Food Services) with your student to school.
- Please place cash/check in an envelope.
- Please write your student's name, homeroom, and student id# on the envelope.
- You may also make pre-payments or check on your child's lunch account by using: mypaymentsplus.com or call 1-877-237-0946
MEET THE COUNSELOR!
IMPORTANT PARENT PICK-UP (CAR RIDERS) INFORMATION
DROP OFF MAP
Heritage Elementary School
Morning Parent Drop Off
9:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
1. Any child being dropped off in a car will need to take Northern Avenue to Lakeview Drive and turn right onto the school grounds. Students will be dropped off on the playground. Please note: Law enforcement is requesting parents to utilize North Center Street and enter the school from the north side of either East Street or Lakeview Drive.
2. Please be courteous to the cars around you and make sure that when you pull onto the school grounds your student is ready to get out of the car in order to keep the line moving. If your student exits your car on the passenger side, please allow them to cross in front of your car before you move to ensure their safety.
3. We ask that cars remain in a single file line and do not pass the car in front of them. Exit onto East Street will be right turn only.
4. Busses will be dropping students off in front of the school. Reminder: State law states that when a bus has its red lights flashing and the “Stop” sign out, cars cannot pass the bus in either direction.
Any student arriving after 9:15 will need to be walked into the building and signed in by an adult. You will need to use the front entrance for late arrivals.
During Pick-Up, busses will pick up students from the playground and parents can pick up students on North East Street in front of the main office/cafeteria.
Kindergarten Pick-Up & Drop-Off:
Kindergarteners may be dropped off and picked up on North East Street in front of the main office. Please keep in mind that busses will also be utilizing this area for kindergarten drop-off and pick-up.
1st - 4th Grade 9:15 - 4:05
AM Kindergarten 9:15 - 12:15
PM Kindergarten 1:05 - 4:05
Two Hour Delay Schedule:
1st - 4th Grade 11:15 - 4:05
AM Kindergarten 11:15 - 1:15
PM Kindergarten 2:00 - 4:05