February 21, 2020
Denae Wilker, Principal
Candace Mathis, Assistant Principal
Kristi Tabor, Counselor
Through the collaborative efforts of all who pass through our door, we provide a safe learning community that develops lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
U. S. S. Springetti Admission & Tickets on Sale Now!
Sail on over to the Springetti website and make your purchases for what is sure to be a fun and memorable event for the entire family!
Go to the PTO Website and click on Springetti, or use this link:
· Admission Wristbands – provides entry into the event, dinner and show.
· Tickets – used for the Kid and Adult Raffles, General Store, carnival games & entertainment, cotton candy, popcorn, slushies.
· Featured Raffle Tickets – for the Reserved Parking spot for 2020-2021 and the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Electric Scooter
· Stuffed Animal Walk Tickets – similar to musical chairs, each participant will walk the course while music plays. When the music stops, the participant standing on the winning square takes home a stuffed friend!
· Springetti Superstar Family – make a cash donation when you buy your tickets and your family will be recognized the night of the event!
All this information and more is available on the U.S.S. Springetti website!
LAST CHANCE TO BUY YOUR GALATAS YEARBOOK
Visit www.balfour.com and type "Galatas" in the "Find Your School" box. The cost of the yearbook is $35, and the last day to order will be March 1, 2020.
Parents of 4th graders can also recognize their Top Dog with a Top Dog ad in the yearbook. Ads are $25 and can be created at the Balfour site, and the deadline to purchase the ads will be March 1, 2020.
Please e-mail Janet Kwon at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Galatas Spirit Night at Sk8 Town!
Second Grade Program
Illnesses and Absences
- If your child is running a temperature of 100° or greater, or has obvious symptoms, he or she needs to remain out of school.
- Even if a student’s temperature can be lowered to below 100° with a fever-reducing medication such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol), the student needs to stay home.
- A student may return to school when fever-free for 24 hours without a fever-reducing medication.
- Please take a few minutes to teach and practice effective hand washing at home. Frequent and thorough hand washing is a must to help prevent the illness from spreading from one student to another.
- Encourage your child to cover coughs and sneezes.
When your student will be absent for any reason, please call our attendance line (936-709-5014) or the front office (936-709-5000) before 9:00 a.m. every day he or she is absent. You may also email our registrar, Robin Curtis, at email@example.com to report the absence. Thank you!
Early Childhood Resource Fair
Saturday, April 18, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Join us for FAMILY FUN!
- Houston ZooMobile (10-12)
- Hands-on activities
- Classroom tours
- Face painting
- Tour a school bus, a firetruck, a police car, and an ambulance!
Galatas Car Rider Line Video
CISD 2020-2021 School Calendar
We thank you in advance for planning all vacations and travel outside of the school calendar. When students are absent, they miss valuable instruction that takes place daily. In addition to the loss of that instructional time, Texas schools are rated not only on academic performance, but also on student attendance. Daily attendance plays a large role in our accountability rating from the state.
We appreciate your support in this matter, and look forward to a great school year!
27 Sk8 Town Spirit Night 6 p.m.
28 Go Texan Day and Kindergarten Rodeo
5 Field Day: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, & 2nd Grade
6 Field Day: 3rd Grade and 4th Grade
6 Early Dismissal, End of Nine Weeks-12:10 p.m.
9-13 NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
17 PTO Meeting: 9:00 a.m.
26 Spring Individual and Class Pictures
26 Springetti Preview Night
27 Springetti Spring Fundraiser
6-9 Campus Closed to Visitors for STAAR Testing
7 STAAR Writing, 4th grade students
10 NO SCHOOL: Student Holiday
14 PTO Meeting: 9:00 a.m.
20-24 Spring Book Fair
24 3rd/4th Grade Choir Program- 8:30 a.m.
29 Volunteer Luncheon
4-8 Teacher Appreciation Week
5 PTO Meeting: 9:00 a.m.
5 4th Grade Program 2:00 p.m. (Students) and 6:30 p.m. (Families)
8 1st Grade Moms and Muffins-8:45 a.m.
11-15 Campus Closed to Visitors for STAAR Testing
12 STAAR Math, 3rd & 4th Grades
13 STAAR Reading, 3rd & 4th Grades
20-22 Galatas Science Camp
25 NO SCHOOL: Memorial Day
26 Kindergarten End-of-Year Celebration
27 Yearbook Signing
28 4th Grade Clap Out: 10:30 a.m.
28 4th Grade Picnic: 11:00 a.m.
28 Early Dismissal: 12:10 p.m. Last Day of School