A Message from the Principal
Welcome to November! This year is rocking along and learning is happening each and every day. With only 5.5 instructional weeks left in the fall semester, teachers are busy making sure that all students have purposeful learning opportunities and are experiencing success in their classroom.
We continue to have many ways for our families to engage with the school community. Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered their time last Friday and helped to make the PTO Fall Fling a huge success. We have several opportunities this month for you to get involved and be an active participant in your child's education while also supporting the school. Please read below for information about the upcoming PTO events, our Veterans Day celebration, Marching into Math Night, and our annual Community Holiday Tree.
Finally, as we enter the season of Thanksgiving, I want to take a moment to share my gratitude for having the privilege to serve the Caldwell community. I am thankful for each of the individual 545 students who walk through our doors each day. I am thankful for each parent that entrusts their precious kiddos to us. I am thankful for the dedicated educators who make the choice each morning to impact the lives of children.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be apart of something so special.
Staff Shout Outs
- To: Ms. VanCleave- She was my daughter’s kindergarten teacher. All I can say is she was a kind hearted, loving and a caring teacher. Our daughter met the level in almost all the areas of learning in kindergarten. She is going to miss Ms. Vancleave as she is moving to her next grade now. From: Barnali
- To: Patricia Johnson- Ms. Johnson is the school counselor and she helped me with my 1st grader and a family death we were going through. With her kindness, support, and resources (books on grief and loss) my daughter handled it much better than I anticipated. Ms. Johnson is always so willing to help and with a smile on her face. From: Jennifer Bream
- To: Ms. Moore- Our family would like to extend our gratitude to Ms. Moore for her kindness, patience, and love that she pours out each day for her students. She has connected with our son and provides a HUGE sense of comfort for him and that is something that our family couldn't thank her enough for.
We appreciate all of your hard work Ms. Moore and we are so glad to have you as our son's teacher this year! From: Nina Tuck
Our School Day
7:15 Doors Open
7:35 Tardy Bell
2:50 Dismissal (All Grade Levels)
Dismissal - No Early Pick Up after 2:30
First 9-Weeks POPS Rally
7:45am - 8:15am
**REMINDER- Always bring a picture ID with you when visiting the school. You will not be able to enter the school building without an ID.**
Marching into Math Night
Veterans Day Parade
Veterans will gather in the cafeteria to prepare for the hallway parade and are then invited to a breakfast and a performance immediately following the parade in the cafeteria. Families received a note home asking for donations of breakfast items.
Please call the front office at 512-594-6400 if you have any questions about the program or donations.
We are excited to honor the men and women who have bravely served our country.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 939 7839 7333
Soups and Pies
At Caldwell we have an annual tradition of PTO providing the teachers and staff with a soups and pies feast before we leave for Thanksgiving break. Our hardworking teachers look forward to this event every year because it is always filled with tons of delicious things. Please sign-up for a soup and/or pie that you can provide to make this another great year of showing the CWES staff how grateful our community is from them. Click the button below to sign-up!
Our Soups and Pies event will be held on
Thursday, November 16th.
Community Holiday Tree
Holiday resources are available from local community organizations. Please click the link below if you feel you may need holiday gifts or coats for your children.
The "Dads of Great Students," or Watch D.O.G.S. program, provides positive male role models for campuses around the nation and has been active for over two decades. We are excited to bring the program to Caldwell this year and are looking for dads, grand-dads, uncles, etc who will be willing to come volunteer their time. This time may be spent being a presence in the hallways, checking doors, supporting students at recess and at lunch, or helping students with their academics.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please:
- Fill out this Google form to show interest and to stay up to date on Watch D.O.G.S. happenings around Caldwell, and
- Go to the district web site to fill out a volunteer application. This application can be found at https://www.pfisd.net/volunteers.
For more information on the program you can go to https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/about/. We are looking forward to the support you can bring and thank you for your interest!