The University Of Alabama
Application for Admission
- Complete the University of Alabama application for admission. If you are not applying online, submit your print application with a check or money order for $40 made payable to The University of Alabama. The application fee is nonrefundable. Return your print application to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.
- If you would like to be considered for scholarships, complete the University of Alabamaapplication for scholarships at mybama.ua.edu by December 15. (Step-by-step instructions for completing the scholarship application)
- Have your ACT or SAT score(s) sent to us. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830. Information on these tests is available from your high-school counselor or from the test services: ACT, Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243; SAT, College Board ATP, Box 592, Princeton, NJ 08541.
- Have your most recent official high-school transcript sent to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.
- Complete all of the preceding steps by February 1 for priority admissions consideration for fall semester.
Freshman Entrance Requirements
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social sciences, including world history or a comparable course
- 3 units of mathematics (must include algebra I, algebra II, and one unit of either geometry, trigonometry, or calculus)
- 3 units of natural sciences, including two courses with lab components
- 1 unit of foreign language
- 5 additional units of academic courses (We recommend courses in fine arts or computer literacy, with additional courses in mathematics, natural sciences, and foreign language.)
Students who exceed the minimum number of units in math, natural sciences, or foreign language will be given additional consideration.
The Advanced Academic Diploma awarded by Alabama high schools meets all University of Alabama course requirements.
University Of Alabama Tours
PREPARING FOR YOUR CAMPUS TOUR
- You will receive an email that includes information about whether your campus tour will begin in the Undergraduate Admissions Welcome Center or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Most weekday tours begin in the Undergraduate Admissions Welcome Center, located just inside the South Endzone Marketplace of Bryant-Denny Stadium. (View directions to Welcome Center)
- Saturday tours and certain other tours — including Friday tours before home football games and tours during Spring Break — begin in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, located in Suite 203 of the Student Services Center. The Student Services Center is located on the north side of campus on the southwest corner of McCorvey Drive and Campus Drive (View on campus map) (View directions to Office of Undergraduate Admissions)
- UA maps in various formats are available at tour.ua.edu.
- To allow time for parking and check-in, please arrive on campus at least thirty minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- To avoid receiving a parking ticket, please sign in with the receptionist before your tour. You will be provided with a parking hangtag, which must be displayed on your rear-view mirror while parked on campus.
- Due to limited space on the tour bus, we cannot guarantee space for guests who have not registered online. If you determine that you need to register additional guests, please complete a 2nd online registration and include the total number in your party with your 2nd registration. The 2nd registration cancels the 1st registration.
- Admissions recruiters are available to speak with families at your convenience. Prior appointments are not necessary.
- Please be prepared for the tour by wearing comfortable shoes and dressing appropriately for the season. To check the weather forecast for Tuscaloosa, visit www.weather.com and enter 35401 as the ZIP code