WVA Family Update
Note from WVA Staff
New WVA Students
We are so excited to have you join our WVA family! If you have not yet received a welcome email with instructions, please email email@example.com and we will get you set up!
Students wishing to attend WVA in 2021-2022
All students will be enrolled in their homeschool for the 2021-2022 school year. If you wish to have your child attend WVA, you will need to choose WVA in your OLR during registration. Please use your parent portal to register for next year. To register, start here https://www.westminsterpublicschools.org/domain/2005.
Spring Break will be March 22, 2021-March 26, 2021. No classes for students
From the Counseling Department
Secondary Attendance Form
Students in 6-12th grade, please make sure you are filling out this attendance form daily.
Will be held April 27, 2021 for 11th graders at WHS. If you are interested in taking the test you must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2021. No registration is necessary.
For students returning to WVA, will happen in April. More information to come.
To view your first semester grades, use the steps below to log into Infinite Campus:
Go to www.mywps.org then Online Apps then Infinite Campus (parent).
Choose Campus Student
Username is first part of your WPS student email (before @)
Password is your regular WPS password
Go to Documents. Scroll down past your schedules. Your transcript should be at the very bottom.
(A dash means you did not earn credit for that class. If any of your first semester classes are completely missing from your first semester transcript or you notice any other problems, please send a screenshot and a description of the problem to Ms. Walsh, our WVA counselor, at email@example.com.)
High School Tutoring opportunities
Save the date: Graduation
Save the date! WVA and WHS will hold a combined graduation ceremony this year at Memorial Stadium at Westminster High School on May 22nd. Due to current COVID restrictions space is limited and will force us to hold 2 separate ceremonies. Each graduate will be able to bring 2 guests to the ceremony. More details will follow and I will keep you updated with all the current information in our Sunday messages. Thank you for your patience.
Steps for Online Registration- Click on the document below!
Notes from the WPS Future Center
- Did you know that the Westminster Public Schools Future Center has a Youtube channel? Click here to visit their page and have access to some amazing guest speakers and videos to help with your future planning!
- For access to the WPS Future Center Facebook page click here.
- High schoolers! If you have any questions about your career plans or next steps for college, please set up a time to meet with us! We can help you find a job, apply for apprenticeships beginning as early as 10th grade, apply for college or financial aid, and even take college classes while you are still in high school! You can set up a time to meet with us using this Calendly Link!
- Here is our Future Center Website
- Students in grades 9-11 will be preparing for updating their four-year course plans in March! Activities include learning how to use the course catalog and update the four-year plan, ways to earn college credit in high school, internships, apprenticeship programs, and more!
- 12th graders will be completing activities on interviewing and the job application process. Seniors have been invited to schedule their required Senior Interview with a Future Center Counselor. Please encourage your student to schedule a time if they haven't already. Appointments can be scheduled by clicking HERE! Seniors should also email the Future Center with proof that they are taking action on their plan
- Below are the Live workshops and guest speakers! Emails will come from the future center on Mondays with the links you will need
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES!
* Westminster 7:10 Rotary, April 2 Application
To view more scholarships CLICK HERE!
FREE FAFSA TOOL - VIRTUAL FAFSA WIZARD
Do you need help completing your FAFSA at any time of the day or night? The Virtual FAFSA Wizard is here for you! This tool will take you step-by-step through the entire FAFSA application. Just open this website on a separate phone, tablet, or laptop, and >CLICK START< If you get stuck at any time, please make sure you save your progress and email the Future Center firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-657-3929.
CASFA APPLICATION SUPPORT FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
The Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) is the application for students who do not have lawful immigration status and who do not meet the qualifications listed above are also encouraged to apply. Students who are eligible for Federal Title IV aid by completing the FAFSA should not complete the CAFSA. CLICK HERE to learn & apply!
EARN & LEARN - 10 & 11 Grade, HIRING HUB
Calling all 8th graders! $1000 College scholarship opportunity below
Free and Reduced lunch applications
- · Technology rebates. A program that helps ensure that schools can obtain high-speed Internet access and telecommunications at affordable rates.
- · Title I. This program’s funds are intended to support student achievement and growth at the school level.
Online applications are the fastest and easiest way to apply for meal benefits.
You may apply at https://www.nlappscloud.com/ and check the status of your application at https://admin.nlappscloud.com/statuslookup?sAPIKey=2baaecd0-b5fd-4f9b-b5ca-a63500f903d7 .
Join Math Club!
Art For Fun Club
WVA 6 - 12th graders looking for a creative outlet:
Join WVA Art Club Thursdays from 3 - 4 pm on Zoom!
· Art Club Zoom: https://tinyurl.com/wva-art-club
Meeting ID: 945 2021 4714
Fill out the Art Club Form to sign up for our email list (must be logged in with school account to access):
· Art Club Form: https://tinyurl.com/wva-sign-up
WHS Student Council
WHS Student Council is inviting you to join our program for the 2021-2022 school year. We are a group that prides ourselves on diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and community. Anyone interested in developing their leadership skills, growing school spirit, engaging in school events, and participating in community service opportunities that support both the school, students, teachers, and community is encouraged to apply. Even if you just want to try it out - complete the application below! Student Council is for every student.
What can you expect to participate in as a member of Student Council?
- Pep assemblies
- Homecoming Events (including parade)
- Spirit Weeks
- Powder Puff
- Student Government
- Student/School Awareness & Outreach
- Student Leadership Conferences
- Westy Nights & School/Community Events
- Community Service & Volunteer Opportunities
- ...and more! (Seriously, there is always more.)
Who can apply? Any current or incoming WHS or WVA 9th, 10th, and 11th grade student.
Applications are currently being accepted until April 9th at 3:00 p.m. Click on the link to begin your application: https://forms.gle/vpct4UevfC7kTTYY8
It has been two years since our cadets last in-person visit to WPS schools. It was late last February 2020 when our planned visits were rudely interrupted by COVID restrictions.
Unlike traditional general elective classes where students, parents and guardians are aware of more commonly, the Air Force JROTC course relies heavily on public appearances such as flag ceremonies, parades, community service and school visits to increase awareness. These events are critical to our program viability for our elective class and associated extracurricular programs offered at the high school such as Drill Team, Color Guard, Fitness Team, Cyber Patriot and Knowledge bowl team. Our visibility came to an abrupt halt, as did most everything else, when Pandemic restrictions began.
Parents, Please take a few minute to review these videos to find out more about the JROTC program at Westminster High School
JROTC's Annual Field day is Saturday April 3, 2021 at Westminster High School. If you are an 8th grader and interested in attending, please sign up using this form JROTC Field Day Signup Form
Flag football information below
Imagination Library: Opportunity for free books!
Market Night: Free produce and Dairy products
Fist Bump Sunday!
Bumps to Brody and Hayden for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Cameron and Melanie for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Ayden and April for working hard in Art.
Bumps to Michael and Hunter for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Isaac G. and Maddy for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Mason and Alexea for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Carlo and Ruby for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Kohen and Alejandra for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Gabriel and Ximena for working hard in Art!
Louis F. You are rocking blending words! Mrs. Fox
Lyam G. - You bring your A game everyday! Mrs. Fox
Jordan B. for being brave in class and trying his best.
Savannah F for always doing excellent work!
Sarai P. - You brings happiness to Zoom everyday! Mrs. F
Pablo M. for his outgoing and friendly personality.
Angelina OB for always trying her best!
Bumps to Mariam for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Daniel R. for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Derrick and Donovan for working hard in Art!
Bumps to Angelica for working hard in Art!Fist bumps to David S. for doing a great job with measurement conversions!
Bumps to Angelina M. for working hard to get caught up!
Efrain 7-5 for the hard work you have put in recently
Noel C 7-2 for spending the extra time to get work done
Tievoli M 7-4 for rocking her Ancient Greece Storyboard
Shaun L; showing up to Math bright and early with his great energy
Bumps to April P for finishing a playlist AND ELA 1!
Cyarah C.R. for working on your Pixton project and working hard on your remaining ELA targets!
Zeke S. for working hard on your math class!
Kaydence P. for sharing in class and being an engaged student in our class!
Luis S. for knocking out a bunch of assignments this week!
WVA Staff Member Nomination
WPS Student Meal Distribution
Drive through meal pick up is available for all children 18 and under, children do not need to be present and identification is not required. Meals may be picked up at any location, all children are welcome regardless of where they live or attend school.
There is drive through meal distribution at the following sites from 10:00 am - 11:30 am:
- Westminster High School
- Swim and Fitness (3290 W 76th)
- Westminster Rec Center on 104th