Walt Whitman Elementary
Weekly Communicator 5/9/2016 to 5/13/2016
- Congratulations Mrs. Cox for winning the 'Golden Apple' last week. We are proud of you!!!
- It was so good to be back with the BABY HORNETS!!!!!
- Ms. Monich, Ms. Mathews, Ms. Knight and Ms. Roselle "purchased" over $300 worth of classroom supplies from the pencil box.
- Mrs. Chilcoat's math students grew over 10,000 pts. on their SMI this year!!!
- Thank you to everyone who helped make JA in a Day a success!
- Ametek has decided to fund our Science Explorers for another year!
- 5th grade students grew over 7,000 pts. on their SRI!!!
Baby Hornet Happenings
2. We will have a staff meeting in the library on Monday, May 9 at 3:15.
3. The MAP/MPG window opened on Monday, April 25th and closes on Friday, May 13th. It is our goal that 100% of our students in grades K-3rd and probationary 4th graders are assessed during this window.
4. We will have PLC's this week. Please bring a copy of your class lists. We will be sectioning classes for next year.
5. The no referral celebration for the upper grades will be on Monday, May 9th from 9-12.
6. Ocean Dental will be here on Tuesday, May 10th.
7. The Pom Squad will be gone on Wednesday, May 11th from 11-1.
8. The SRI/SMI window opens Monday, May 2nd and closes Tuesday, May 17th. Please work to ensure all students in grades 3-6 are tested. 2nd grade students must take the SRI during this window as well.
9. Kindergarten and 6th grade promotions will be held on Thursday, May 12th.
10. The Awards Assembly will be held on Friday, May 13th (lower grades-9:00 and upper grades at 1:00).
11. The 3rd grade students will be attending Farm to Market on Friday, May 13th.