November 1, 2019
- Flag Salute/Morning Announcements 8:15 Blacktop
- Mon, Nov 4 - RCSD Parent Workshop: Safe Learning Environments for LGBTQ+ students, 6:00-7:30pm, at MIT School, Redwood City.
- Wed, Nov 6- Clifford School Tours Begin (see website for details)
- Thurs, Nov 7- Dolphin Depot School Store Opens! Come and redeem your tickets!
- Fri, Nov 8- Donuts with Deputies @ 2:45 in room 16
- Sat, Nov 9- Clifford School Auction! Please Join Us!! Buy Tickets Here!
- Mon, Nov 11 - No School, Veterans Day Holiday
- Wed, Nov 13 - First Trimester Ends
- Thurs, Nov 14- Ruby Bridges Walk to School Day /Learn more about Ruby Bridges here!
- Mon, Nov 18- Reclassification Ceremony @ MIT 5:30-6:30 We have 7 students reclassifying as English Proficient!! Congratulations!
- Tues, Nov 19- SSC 3-4 Room 16
- Tues, Nov 19- ELAC Meeting 5-6 Room 16
- Tues, Nov 19- Coffee with Dr. Baker 8:30 Room 16
- Thurs, Nov 21- Awards/Recognition Assembly 6-8 MUB 10:00 A.M.
- Thurs, Nov 21 PTO Meeting @ Canyon Inn 587 Canyon Rd 7PM
- Fri, Nov 22 - Minimum Day, 1:30 release
- Mon, Nov 25 - Tue, Nov 26 - Parent Teacher Conferences, No School for Students
- Wed, Nov 27 - Fri, Nov 29 - No School, Thanksgiving Holiday
Clifford PTO Auction 2019- I love the 90s!!
Saturday, November 9th, 6pm-10pm
Devil’s Canyon Brewery
935 Washington Street, San Carlos
Early Bird Tickets $75 per person $145 per couple
After 10/18: $80 per person, $155 per couple
You can also sponsor a staff member to attend as well.
Live DJ * Food & Drinks * Live & Silent Auction
Buy Tickets Here!
COFFEE & CONVERSATION WITH DR. BAKER, SUPERINTENDENT
DONUTS WITH THE DEPUTIES AT CLIFFORD! 11/8/19 @ 2:45 IN ROOM 16!
Our wonderful sheriffs will be joining us monthly and will be available to discuss concerns you may have with the community/safety concerns and or to ask questions of our resource officers! They will be bringing coffee and pastries for each meeting!! The meeting will be in room16! 2:45 on 11/8!
Classroom Highlights! Spotlight on 3rd Grade!!!!
3rd Grade Rotations!
3rd Grade students taught a 90 minute block period by each teacher once a week.
Teachers rotate to all classes to teach an intensive lesson on curriculum.
Mrs. Costa - Science Investigations
Miss. Fowle - Social Studies Enrichment
Mrs. Overbey - STEAM
Every student gets to have the opportunity to have all 3 teachers teach/teachers get to teach all students
Each teacher taking a specialty and really able to go in depth with a subject
Enrichment for all grade
"I like the STEAM rotations because I like being creative and making things and I love learning new ways to solve problems on my own." Linda Young RM 26
"I liked touching the crayfish and picking them up and observing them, seeing how they move and their environment." Ashlee Cardenas RM 17
"The legislative branch is my favorite because it gets to make laws." Calix Thomasian RM 29
Halloween at Clifford!
Our November Project Cornerstone Book! My Secret Bully
Message from the Principal
Happy 1st of November Dolphin Families,
It's hard to believe we have already been in school for 53 days! I am in awe of the progress the students are making and as always impressed by our amazing staff and parent community in your partnership with us in helping our students meet and exceed their goals. At Clifford we are grateful for your support, and we feel your love when you're standing alongside our staff on the yard, in the classrooms, and through your partnership in our SSC, PTO, and ELAC! Thank you to the many parents volunteering here in their child's classroom by reading our Project Cornerstone books to the classes. This collective effort to help our children feel safe, valued, and respected, and known at Clifford School is so vitally important to me and our staff. Learn more about Project Cornerstone here! I appreciate the Clifford community and I am more than fortunate to be part of it. Thank you!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Love every minute with your precious children!
Please read Superintendent Dr. Baker’s Newsletter here