September 7, 2021
Reminders and Updates
- Income Verification Forms have to go out on Tuesday, September 7th. Ms. Yadi will send out directions. We are striving for 100% return rate.
- Picture Day on Thursday, September 9, 2021 Ms. Yadi will send out the schedule.
- MLK vs. Simas Softball and Football Game Thursday, September 9, 2021 3:30 PM; please come out and support our CRUSADERS.
- READY Classroom Rotations start on Monday, September 13th. The next classrooms to be used are K-1: 304, 2-3 404, 4-5 206, 5-6 201. If there is a scheduling conflict with the next rotation of READY in your classroom, please let us know.
- The MVP trait for this week is TRUSTWORTHINESS. Please select one student from your class at the end of the week and submit their name via the form linked here. Names are due by 3:00 p.m. every Friday. The student will be announced on our Monday Morning Announcements. Students may pick up their prize during Recess time.
· Monday, September 6th- No School-Labor Day
· Thursday, September 9th Picture Day
· Thursday, September 9th MLK vs Simas Home Games 3:30 p.m.
· Monday, September 13th FAC/Safety Meeting
· Tuesday, September 14th Faculty Meeting
· Wednesday, September 15th Williams Act Visit
· Thursday, September 16th MLK @ Monroe 3:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, September 28th Faculty Meeting
· Thursday, September 23rd MLK vs. Roosevelt Home Games 3:30 p.m.
· Friday, October 1-MLK @ Simas 3:30 p.m.
· Thursday, October 7 Monroe @ MLK 3:30 pm.
· Thursday, October 7 MLK vs. Roosevelt Home Games 3:30 p.m.
· Saturday, October 23 Football/Softball Tournament
We have to continue to take health precautions. If you feel sick before you arrive at work please stay home and call us. Please review the information below.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
If you have any concerns or ideas on how to make our campus safer to prevent the spread of COVID-19 please feel free to reach out to anyone on the Safety Committee (Cruz Sanchez-Leal, Kelly Bekedam, Yadira Castrejon, Jaqueline Huerta, Crystal Foster, Melisa Scott, Diane Molina and Kathleen Salyer). You may also submit your idea/request via an Office 365 submission.
We have to continue to follow all health and safety precautions. As we get more comfortable to being at MLK, it is easy to let go of some of our health precautions. Keep the following in mind:
- Self-Assess every morning. If you have any of the symptoms reviewed, stay home and call us.
- Masks have to be worn at all times when indoors.. The mask must cover your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Social Distance
Here is the link to the supplies and materials request form. Please give office staff a few days to fulfill your request.