CUSD Childcare Newsletter
Feb. 10, 2020
ALLERGIES AT ECDC
ECDC Before Care Families- PLEASE READ
Effective immediately, please do not send your child with any breakfast food containing peanuts, or nuts. We have a recently enrolled student with a SEVERE PEANUT ALLERGY. Also, please make sure your child washes their hands upon arrival to our classroom.
Thank you for your cooperation with this sensitive matter.
When and How to Pay for Childcare
- Monthly charges are processed on or around the 1st of each month, dependent on school closures. You have until the 10th to make payments without incurring a $30 late fee.
- Drop-in fees are added at the time of request and are due by the next billing cycle, so if your child drops-in Nov. 11, payment would be due December 1st.
- We no longer attach invoices to billing reminders but they are always accessible by logging into your ProCare account and viewing your account ledger under the "Account Balance" heading.
- Most communication will come from the department email account, email@example.com so please make sure to check your spam folder.
YOU MAY NOT DROP-IN WITHOUT PROPER NOTIFICATION OR WITHOUT AN ACTIVE PROCARE ACCOUNT AND EMERGENCY FORM ON FILE. Please refer to online registration instructions below.
If your request is for the same school day, you MUST contact Tracy between the hours of 8am-12pm at (619) 522-6087. In an emergency situation past 12pm, you may call or text the Childcare line at (619) 972-5561.
Computerized Check-In and Check Out
- If you are returning to the program, you may continue using the codes from last year.
- New families will need to plan a few extra minutes at drop-off and pick-up to receive a registration code and create a numeric username and password.
- Codes must be 4-8 digits, username and passcode must be different from each other and cannot be repeated or in sequence numbers.
- It is up to you who you share this code with and can ask that each person responsible for your child has their unique code.
Automated Payment Application
We wanted to extend an invitation to sign up for automatic payments through Tuition Express. Please click on the Tuition Express Icon to download the application and scan/email it back or hand it in to our office.
Payments are generally drafted on or around the 1st of every month. Any change to this will be noted.
If you currently have a Tuition Express Account on file with us, you will need to fill out a new application or provide us with permission to continue using your current form of payment.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be automatically re-enrolled in automatic payments without consent or a new form. Thank you!
Instructions for Registration
Parents enrolling or re-registering for child care must complete a 2-step application process. Once registration is complete, you will receive an email from our department with start date and can verify your schedule by logging in to your Procare account and following these instructions. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing.
Step 1. Register in MyProcare
- New Child Care Registration (for families brand new to Child Care)
- Returning Child Care Re-Registration (for families currently registered for Child Care)
Step 2. Review & Submit Required Document
Text messaging in 2019-2020
- "Cell" is selected as phone type
- Your number is accurate
- Your cell carrier is selected
You can update this information anytime by logging in to your account! We appreciate your help in ensuring our program continues to improve for your family and ours!!!
Frequently asked questions:
When will I be contacted about my before/aftercare needs?
Once you have registered and completed the Emergency Form, you will be contacted by our department with a start date. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION.
What is the payment schedule and can I cancel anytime?
You will be billed in 10 equal payments, with one divided in half between August and June. You can change or cancel your childcare services at anytime but these requests must be submitted before the 1st of the month or with at least 48 hours notice before the change.
Why can't I add new siblings to my account when I re-register my existing child?
All siblings need to be added by the site administrator. Please email their names and birth dates directly to the email above and then you will be notified when you can log in to complete registration.
I need to change my contact information. Can I make changes?
You can change your personal information at anytime however, spouse or emergency contact info can only be changed by the site administrator. Please email us above.
Before School Activities
We offer care starting at 6:30 a.m. where students can quietly study or read, join a morning activity or catch up with friends. Care is located in Village Hall for Village elementary students, in the Childcare "A" Room at ECDC for TK and Kindergartners, and in the Child Care room at Silver Strand. Upon arrival, parents are required to check in their child/children through our system. Breakfast is not available through the District, but children may bring their own. At 8:00 a.m., we escort the children to their respective playgrounds to line up for school.
After School Activities
Afternoon Child Care, at all sights, begins once school is let out and students are led from their classrooms to begin the check-in process and then participate in a variety of daily indoor and outdoor activities. Each day we will offer an array of activities for the enjoyment of the children along with an afternoon snack. We also offer a homework club on Mondays - Thursdays at Village Elementary. Care is available until 6pm at all Village sites and 5:30pm at Silver Strand.
Parent Pick Up
All children must be checked out in our system when they are picked up NO LATER THAN 6pm at Village and 5:30pm at Silver Strand. For the students at Village, checking out is done through Village Hall located on H Avenue. At ECDC and Silver Stand, parents will check out students at the Child Care classroom. If you are going to have someone else pick up your child that is not on the Emergency Contact List or Authorized Contact List, please email the Director with 24-hour notice. The children will not be allowed to leave Child Care without your prior permission! Please remind people picking up to bring a photo ID.
CUSD Preschool & Childcare Department
Site Phone Numbers:
Emergency Cell: (619) 972-5561
Village: (619) 522-8915 ext. 5884
ECDC: (619) 522-6087
Silver Strand: (619) 522-8934 ext. 4081