Mrs. Reeg's Math Class News
Week of February 8, 2016
This Week In Math:
This past week we finished our unit on Algebra with a quiz and took our pre-test for Ch. 8 on decimals. On Friday we practiced our math skills through Valentine's day math centers. This next week we will begin by learning how to read, write and represent decimals to the thousandths place. Below I have included a video on writing decimals in expanded form. We will conclude the week learning how to compare and order decimals. Below I included a video from Learn Zillion comparing decimals.
Write decimals in expanded notation
Comparing decimals using base ten blocks
Friendly reminders and upcoming events
- No School on Monday, Feb. 15th
- Parent Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, Feb. 16th by teacher or parent request only
- Art club on Wednesday. Feb. 17th
- PTA meeting on Thursday, Feb. 18th at 7pm
- 5th to 6th grade Parent Meeting at Shore Middle School on Monday, Feb. 22nd at 6:30pm
- Talking Art Museum on Tuesday, Feb. 23rd
- Celebrity Reading Night on March 3rd from 6-7:30pm
Celebrity Reading Night
You're invited to a Celebrity Reading Night on March 3rd from 6:00-7:30pm. Prizes, refreshments, special guests and fun are all part of the evening. Flyers went home today. Please RSVP by February 11th.