Fahrenheit 451: The Dangers of Technology
As we complete this novel, we will discuss how Bradbury's fears were realized and how they were not realized. In addition, each of you will choose a modern technology to condemn or defend. Your ending argument will be presented as a persuasive essay.
Persuasive Essay -- CDW
- In this worksheet, we will work on creating CDWs (Claim, Data, Warrant) within your persuasive essay.
- Claim: a claim states your position on the issue you have chosen to write about.
- Data: data is the evidence which you cite to support your claim.
- Warrant: the warrant interprets the data and explains how it supports your claim.
Below, complete the three steps.
- Choose a topic (or create your own).
- Begin your research (with our help).
- Practice making CDWs (use the form provided).
1. Choose a Topic
Video Game Violence
Do the violent scenarios in video games contribute to the violence in reality?
The Selfie Syndrome
Are 'selfies' creating a narcissistic society?
Have social media sites increased the amount of bullying in school environments?