It's A Jungle in There...
Monthly Happenings in the JGMES Media Center- December 2015
The Twelve Days of Reading!
That's right there are only 12 school days left in December and the media center is celebrating with the Twelve Days of Reading! Encourage your students to visit the media center every day to join in on the fun!
- Starting tomorrow morning (Friday Dec. 4) Maurice the Bookworm will be hidden somewhere different in the library every day! The first student to find him each day will receive a prize!
- Starting Monday (Dec. 7) I will e-mail a daily trivia question to the staff every morning. Please share it with your class and give students time to answer! Students can drop their answers off in the bucket outside the media center on their way to lunch/specials. At the end of the day I will pick one winner to receive a prize. There will be a new question each day until break!
- The homeroom with the MOST check-outs for December will receive a special reading time in the library!
Don't miss out on the celebration!
What's Going on in Media This Month?
- Kindergarten students are working on asking and answering questions about texts through holiday themed read alouds.
- 1st and 2nd graders are exploring nonfiction text features through read alouds and independent exploration.
- 3rd graders will visit next week to learn about dictionary skills.
Media Center Daily Schedule
8:45 am-9:15 am: Open Check-out
9:15 am- 12:00 pm: Flexible schedule for collaboration/Open check-out
12:00 pm-3:45 pm: Closed for Check-out/Fixed Media Class Schedule for grades K-2
Days of Instruction: 17
Total number of circulations: 2,972
Check-outs per student (based on 520 students): 5.23
Check-outs per instructional day: 174.8
Circulations to date (beginning of the school year to Nov. 30): 9,920
Number of class visits during flexible hours: 10
Number of fixed media classes: 57
Grade level with the most check-outs: 1st grade
Homeroom with the most check-outs: Ms. Gittleson's class (two months in a row!)