Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Jan 10
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
We hope everyone had a great break. This is just a quick newsletter for this week.
- Thank you to all of the families who attended the presentation last night. We are SO EXCITED for this semester and the future of the Mustang Band. Here is the link if you'd like to review the presentation again.
- Wind Ensemble and Honors Band Students will have Masterclasses on Monday. Check Canvas for links.
- The Area Recording Window is Jan 9-13.
- All students in the band will have in person band rehearsals this semester. Click here for information.
- We are having a Food Drive for GRACE Food Pantry. Students are asked to collect food from friends, family, neighbors, etc to donate. Food Drop off will be on January 14, please bring your goods before or after school to the band hall.
- All students can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
H-E-B is a Corporate Sponsor of the UIL and has its annual H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence opportunity. Nominees must have the following submitted to https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/ by no later than Feb. 3, 2021:
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 9, 2021. Please make your students and/or support staff aware of this opportunity.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.