NCVPS ARABIC Newsletter
أهلاً و سهلاً - Welcome! - Ahlan Wa sahlan
Meet NCVPS Arabic Teachers
Meet NCVPS Arabic Language Coaches
- Course navigation - I will be opening each week a new lesson that will hold work for the whole week and where content is divided by days to help you stay on track.
- Pasing Guide (Due Date Calendar) – In order to know when assignments are due, you need to print and have the"Due Date Calendar" in your folder each day you work on the course so you can check off all submitted assignments. This will keep you on track and you will NOT fall behind.
- Grades - you can find "My Grades" button on navigation where you will be able to see your grades. Make sure to check it regularly.
- Announcements - I (your teacher) will post announcements daily. Make sure you read announcement the first thing you log in to the course every day.
- Participation and time commitment - It is expected that you log in to this class daily and work on your assignments, discussion forums at least 90 min. daily.
In the first week (ًAug 26-29), we will focus on:
- "My Teacher" tab on the left course navigation to read & hear more about me as well as to find my contact information.
- Orientation- Start Here navigation on the left. Make sure to download Blackboard IM and check for Quick Time. I am on Blackboard IM most of AM and PM hours and it is a quick way to get help from me.
- Messages - If you have any questions use “Messages” button on navigation to contact me.
- Due Date Calendar - PRINT: Make sure to print THREE copies of this calendar. One for you, for your ELA and for your parents.
- Please go through every folder in this tab. “Orientation- START HERE & Introductory Module." Please be sure to go through the “ Orientation” tab before moving on to the “Introductory Module”. Be sure to go from one folder to the next in sequence. Read all the information provided, and finish all assignments and tasks.
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
What assignments are due by Friday, August 29?
1. ____ Save and print the “Due Date Calendar”
2.____ “Orientation- Start Here” tab on the navigation bar: carefully read all information
3· ____ Download BBIM (graded assignment)
4· ____ Respond to your teacher’s “Welcome Email” by clicking on Messages tab in the navigation bar (graded assignment)
5· ____ Getting Acquainted (Discussion Board)
6· ____ How do you learn ( LinguaFolio – graded assignment))
7· ____ Language Coaching sign up doc. By clicking on coaching sign up do tab on navigation bar (graded assignment)
8· ____ Academic Integrity Quiz (graded assignment)
NEED HELP with anything?
There will ALWAYS BE A TEACHER WAITING FOR YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS from 8:00am-8:00pm during the first week of the course (until we start our coaching sessions next week). To get help, please click on the following link to go to BB collaborate room. If you have difficulty accessing the link, you can go to "Your Coach" tab--> find the "8:00am-8:00pm BB Collaborate room and enter from there.