all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of May 16th 2016
This week we are starting work with our T.A.P.A.S. artist, puppeteer Lisa Sturz, creating shadow puppets to help teach about various animal life cycles!
We have a tentative date of Wednesday May 25th 8:15-9:40 that we will be performing our skits. More information to follow.
Don't forget about Thursday's Potluck of learning/drum circle/book fair extravaganza 5:30-8:00 on the big playground. Please bring a blanket and share in some good ol' fashioned community! 2nd Grade families are asked to bring salad dishes.
Remember also, that we have our field trip to the Nature Center, Monday May 23rd. Please make sure you've gotten your child's field trip form signed and returned.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- We will continue to research animal life cycles.
- Writing- This week we will be working on writing scripts for our life cycle puppet shows.
- Math- This week we will be working on representing and interrupting data through the use of various graphs.
- FUNdations- This week we will begin /au/ sound like in August and Saw.
- Science- This quarter we will be working on studying life cycles.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about economics principles like needs/wants, goods/services, supply/demand, and spending/saving.