by Emma Turner
- lived 1782-1852
- born in New Hampshire
- also practiced law in New Hampshire
- had a talent for giving speeches ("Webster, Daniel." Gale...)
- in the House of Representatives twice
- sat in the senate twice
- served as Secretary of State for William H. Harrison and Millard Fillmore
("Webster, Daniel." The Columbia..)
- helped form the Whig party ("Webster, Daniel." Gale...)
- involved in McCulloch v. Maryland, Gibbons v. Ogden, and more cases ("Webster, Daniel." Gale...)
- won many cases due to his skill at speaking (Current)
The Constitution and the Union. N.d. History for the Relaxed Historian. Web. 2 May 2016.
Current, Richard N. "Webster, Daniel." The World Book Encyclopedia. 2006 ed 2006. Print.
Daniel, Webster. N.d. Our Georgia History. Web. 21 Apr. 2016. <http://www.ourgeorgiahistory.com/ogh/Daniel_Webster>.
"Webster, Daniel." The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia. New York: Columbia University Press, 2016. Research in Context. Web. 20 Apr. 2016.
"Webster, Daniel." Gale Encyclopedia of American Law. Ed. Donna Batten. 3rd ed. Vol. 10. Detroit: Gale, 2010. 343-345. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 20 Apr. 2016.
Webster's New World. N.d. Apps Hub. Web. 29 Apr. 2016.