December 12, 2014
- Classroom Teacher Instructions
- Specialist Instructions
- Music Class Special Schedule- Please pay special attention to Tuesday and Thursday of this week; there are tabs at the bottom.
- Winter Concert Parent Letter
Thanks to Heather & Laura M. for all of their planning and extra time. Thanks, too, to everyone who has accommodated the special schedule for music and provided extra coverage in classes.
The next Friday Flight is scheduled for Sunday, January 4, 2015. Enjoy your winter break!
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
Google Training Site
PARCC Tech Features
Reading Incentive Programs
Kane County Cougars
The Kane County Cougars reading incentive program begins January and runs eight weeks. Each classroom teacher will be receiving bookmarks, a poster to track student progress, and papers to send home. Each classroom teacher will need to make copies of the papers for their class. Each classroom teacher should choose an appropriate goal for their individual class and note that on the paper that will be sent home. Examples of reading goals could be reading a certain number of pages, reading a certain number of books, or reading a certain number of hours - the goal is the teacher's choice. Should classroom teachers have any questions, please contact Anne McDonald.
Six Flags Reading Program sheets have been placed in your mailboxes. Please send home sometime this week. If your students decide to participate they will need to fill in the sheet and return it to you by Friday, February 13th. Let me know Melissa Chiappini know if you have any questions.
Off Level Assessments
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of December 15-19
*Typing Training Schedule in effect (See LLC Calendar)*
*Holiday Music Schedule begins*
Monday, December 15
Tuesday, December 16
- (World Relief Homework Club; LLC after school)
Wednesday, December 17
- Faith a la Carte; Topic: Grading & Report Cards; 8:30-9 in the LLC
- (Jericho Road Homework club; LLC after school)
Thursday, December 18
- Problem solving, IEPs & 504s as scheduled
- Inclusion meetings as scheduled
Friday, December 19
- Secret Santa reveal; Staff Center at 8:30 a.m.
Upcoming Lowell Events
- Yearbook group photos; Wednesday, January 21
- PTA Sponsored Assembly: Matt Wilhelm; February 18; a.m. (exact times TBD)
- Spring PACE Testing: March 2-6 (Grades 3-5); March 9-16 (Grade 2)
- Kane County Cougars Game (Reading program recognition); April 17th @ 6:30 p.m.
- PTA Sponsored Assembly: Kidworks Theatre- Endangered Animals: Wednesday, April 22 (Earth Day) 1:30 show (K-2); 2:30 show (3-5)
- Franklin Music Tour: Tuesday, April 28
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, May 12; 6:30 p.m. @ Franklin
Grade Level Trips/Events
- 2nd Grade to play at St. Charles North; Monday, March 2
- Kindergarten to COD Play: Friday, May 13; 10:30-1 p.m.
- 2nd Grade to Fullersburg Woods: Friday, May 15; 9:30-2
- Kindergarten to Morton Arboretum: Thursday, April 23; 9:30-Noon
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Thursday, January 15 is a Friday
- Tuesday, February 17 is a Monday
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday
- First Window: March 9-March 27
- Second Window: April 27-May 22