The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of February 25, 2019
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Feb. 25th, 8am
- Gr3 Chat & Chew: My Chat & Chew block is during the 2nd grade lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, let me know!
- Morning Mindfulness: Stop by my office for our 5-minute faculty mindfulness sessions! The fun starts at 7:45 daily.
Gr1 Team Meeting
Monday, Feb. 25th, 2:45pm
Small Conference Room
Gr2 Team Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 26th, 3pm
Special Areas Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 27th, 3pm
Small Conference Room
BSI/ESL Parent Workshop
Wednesday, Feb. 27th, 5:30pm
- Spelling & FUNdations: What Parents Need to Know
Gr3 Team Meeting
Thursday, Feb. 28th, 3pm
Read Across America Kickoff
Friday, March 1st, 9am-1:30pm
- Red & White day! Come to school wearing those famous Cat in the Hat colors!
- 9:00 AM: #1 Best Selling Author Traci Dunham. Books will be sold in advance with the author’s signature for purchase by students: The Oyster’s Secret, My Sister Lulu and Me, and Nothing to Fear from the Dark, My Dear.
- 1:30 PM (Kick-off Assembly): Jim Donovan from Channel 3 will be reading a book to the entire school.
Star Student Luncheon
Friday, March 1st, 11am-1pm
News & Notes
FEB Team Meetings: See below for our agenda items. If you have anything to add, just let me know!
- SEL Article/Book Talk (Supporting Families) - Don't forget to pick up your copy of the article. They are next to the sign-in sheet as always!
- FUNdations & Eureka PLT Presentations
International Club UPDATE: Mock Trial trip to the Superior Court will be on March 15th
The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: Our texts are here! If you haven't grabbed your copy yet, stop by the main office and see Ms. Mannino!
BOOM! Shout-outs from the Staff!
Thank you to Mr. Bittner for always being so flexible with scheduling and assemblies!
BOOM! Shout-out to Mrs. Castro for hosting the best Black History Month Read-in yet!
Congrats to Bullock's Field Hockey Hall of Famer, Mrs. Raynor!!!
Tags for always sharing resources!
Ms. Tees for always going above & beyond for our students!
Team "Zen Den" for doing some spring cleaning and "breaking ground" on our new project!
Mr. Aird for booking our science assembly!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 03/08: CAST Meetings & 2-Hour Delay (Teacher Inservice)
- 03/15: Data DUE (Math & Gr3 Comp) & Green Glassboro Assembly
- 03/18: Parent/Teacher Conferences (3/18-3/20 early dismissals)
- 03/22: Gr1 Dot Day, CAST Meetings
- 03/25: Vertical Articulation (Read Alouds/Writing)
- 03/27: Special Areas Meeting
- 03/29: Mad Science Assembly
- 04/05: Star Student Luncheon