Running Club News
September 18, 2017
Welcome to Running Club!!
Thank you so much for joining!
- Running Club News... this newsletter will be sent out regularly to keep you up to date on important information, and to share pictures of what the kids are doing at our club meetings each week!
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes each week for Running Club. There won't be enough time to change clothes, so come to school dressed in what you plan to wear to Running Club. We recommend tech fabric shorts/pants/capris, a comfy shirt, and, of course, sneakers. Girls... don't forget something to put your hair up with!
- Bring water!! It still feels like summer!
- We are so excited for the awesome Running Club shirts that were designed just for us! We should be getting them in soon!
- Want to train even more at home? Here is a great document from a very reputable program with several 5k training plans for all levels of walkers and runners. If your child is interested in doing extra running and walking at home, this could be a great plan for them to follow! Also, if you or another family member is wanting to train for a 5k, you can choose a plan that works for you!
How to Register Your Child for the November 23 Fun Run!
For waiver/legality reasons, you must register your own child for our November 23rd Fun Run at Little Mulberry Park. See below for the steps...
- Visit this link
- Look on the right side of the screen, choose Register: Online & Print & Mail a Check
- Enter YOUR information
- Choose Register Someone Under the Age of 18
- Follow the steps to register your child, choose their shirt size and choose Fun Run
- Save & Continue
- Choose "I'm Done" (please register just your FMES club member right now)
- You will get to the payment screen, enter coupon code FMES, click 'apply coupon', the price should drop to $12.00
- Click Save & Continue
- Click Print Registration
- IGNORE the $12 fee! You do not have to pay it by check, the Running Club will cover the cost for all of the runners!
- E-mail Mrs. Williams (email@example.com) to let her know you have registered your child.
If you or other family members want to register for the 5k or Fun Run...
- Follow the exact same steps, but you WILL have to mail the check for yourself/additional family members. You can also choose Pay Online, but there is a fee.
- You may use the FMES coupon code, but it only works for one person each time. You can go in and register everyone separately to get the savings or just let it work for one person, your choice. If you have many extra runners, you may want to look into the Family discount rate option for savings.
- The early bird pricing ends on OCTOBER 1st, so register this week!!
- Mark your calendar! Running Club meets Mondays from 3:30-4:15pm on September 18, September 25, October 2, October 16, October 23, October 30, November 6, and November 13. Remember, you must be on time to pick up! We will dismiss in the car rider line by the gym. If your child is going home with another parent, we will need written permission in order to release them.
- Our Fun Run race is Thursday, November 23rd at 9:00am at Little Mulberry Park. We will send out more information as it gets closer!
Meet Your Coaches!
Have been running for many years and love sharing that with the kids! Running is so rewarding and a great way to set and meet goals!