Newsletter for May 6, 2019-May 23, 2019
New Newsletter Format
Week of 5-6-19, 5-13-19, and 5-20-19
- Monday, May 6- Friday, May 10- Teacher, Teaching Assistant, and Nurse Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 7- Pajama Day
- Monday, May 13- Thursday, May 16- 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR Testing
- Thursday, May 16- Kindergarten Graduation- Info will come home in folders
- Monday, May 20- Character Luncheon
- Monday, May 20- PK-1st Grade Cultural Celebration, 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 21- PK AM Graduation- 9:00 am, PK PM Graduation- 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 22- 3rd and 4th grade Splash Dayz trip
- Thursday, May 23- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Monday, May 27th- Chuck E. Cheese Day-Please mention North
Please check your child's lunch account often to ensure that lunch accounts are paid. Students will not be able to charge lunches if there is a negative balance.
It's not too late to sign your child up for Camp Invention this summer, July 8-11. This will be an engaging, hands-on STEM camp for children entering 1st grade through 6th grade. Brochures will be sent home next week.
Teacher, Teaching Assistant, and Nurse Appreciation Week May 6-10
Let's show them how much we love and appreciate them!!
3rd and 4th Grade Reading and Math STAAR Week- Monday-Thursday, May 13-16
Important Memo regarding 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR Testing on Monday, May 13th-Thursday, May 16th
This memo contains very important information regarding your 3rd and/or 4th grade student’s upcoming STAAR tests on:
UPDATED SPRING STAAR DATES
4th Grade Reading– Monday, May 13th
3rd Grade Reading– Tuesday, May 14th
4th Grade Math– Wednesday, May 15th
3rd Grade Math– Thursday, May 16th
· Testing will begin promptly when school begins.
· Please make sure your child arrives on time and well-rested.
· Dress code will be in effect, but make sure your child dresses comfortably and has a light jacket, if needed.
· If your child wears glasses, make sure he or she has them.
· We will feed the students a chicken biscuit and juice for breakfast, as well as animal crackers for a snack. Your child may bring a snack from home if it is a dry, non-greasy snack. Water with a lid is the only drink that will be allowed.
· Children may bring books to read after the testing session is over.
· 3rd and 4th grade will eat lunch at different times depending on the test session, so lunch visitors are not advised on these days.
· Cell phones will be collected during testing if students bring them to school.
Your children have worked very hard all year and we are so proud of each one of them. The improvements in reading and math over the year has been tremendous. We know they will do their best and shine! Thank you for your continued support.Thank you!!! Mrs. Bitters, Principal
You will be receiving a link to our 2018-19 Parent Survey next week. Please help us out by completing the survey to let us know what we are doing great and how we can better serve you next year.
4th grade impressed us with "The Greatest Showman" program.
2nd grade enjoys a sweet treat after their academic success.
1st grade was proud to present their skills during their Writing Celebration.
1st grade presented research projects during their Writing Celebration.
Last House Pep Rally of the year was loud and proud.
3rd grade showed off their writing skills this week.
- Students that arrive after 7:40 am must be signed in by a parent or guardian in the front office.
- Please join us on Facebook to see the many pictures we post each week of the learning and activities our students have going on.
- Attendance is very important for your child's success. Please make sure your child is here on time each day.
- Parent communication and involvement is important to us. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact your child's teacher for a conference.
A Note from the Principal
I'd also like to thank you for your continued support as we journey through the year. We are so happy that you have chosen us for your child's education. We believe that educating children is a partnership between the school and the families we serve. We value your participation at our school events and also appreciate your input with ideas and suggestions as to how we can improve. We have a comment box in our front office and an anonymous customer service survey form on our North Elementary website, if you would like to give any feedback. We would also be happy to visit with you in person. Your child's success is our most important priority. Thank you for sharing your child with us each day.
Mrs. Bitters, Principal
The video below is a glimpse of our journey into becoming a STEAM Academy over the past year. We are so excited about next year and what is to come!!
Front Office Staff
Kindergarten- 4th Grade
Doors Open: 7:00 am
Breakfast: 7:00-7:25 am
First Bell: 7:30 am
TARDY BELL: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
AM Pre-K: 7:30-11:15 am
PM Pre-K: 11:15 am- 3:00 pm
Sign up here to receive notifications important and emergency notifications from the principal.