Presentation by : Deborah Mallow
What was he famous for and how did he become deaf?
- Andrew Foster was famous for being a missionary for the deaf in Africa.
- Foster Lost his hearing at age 11 after suffering from spinal meningitis
Andrew Foster died December 5th in a plane crash on the way to Kenya in 1987
💖 Interesting Facts 💖
- He worked in a military-equipment factory, studying at night
- He founded 31 schools for deaf African children and adults.
- In 1970, he became the first black person to receive an honorary degree from Gallaudet