May 1, 2022
Happy Sunday Harrington Families
I hope everyone had a nice weekend, today was a beautiful day to end the weekend so I hope everyone got outside today. We transitioned excellently from April vacation, wrapped up ELA MCAS and are full steam ahead into May! This month we have many of our traditional assessments happening, as well as Math MCAS, so by all accounts we will be in June before you know it. This coming week is "Teacher Appreciation Week" please be sure to thank your student(s) teacher for alll of the amazing things they have done! They work very hard each and every day and deserve all of our thanks every day, not just one week during the year.
The HPTO's Pizza and Paperbacks Event was amazing, it was so wonderful to have an in person event after such a long time of not being able to. I look forward to a few events happening at the school this month so please keep your eyes open for all communications.
We have Kindergarten Open House on Thursday night, from 6:30-7:30 in the cafe, again, it will be wonderful having this event open for incoming Kindergarten families to come in to the school.
As a standard message, your support at home is recognized, valued, and appreciated by not only us, but by your child(ren).
- Remind your child every day to be kind. We are all capable of being kind regardless of our individual differences. Promoting a kind environment is important throughout a child’s day both at school and at home.
- Communicate the importance of education to your children. Each child should find time to read at home every day for enjoyment. Engage in dialogue about your child’s school day by asking open-ended questions.
- Encourage play and physical activity. Limit television during the school week and keep your children away from electronics and social media for entertainment purposes.
- Focus your encouragement on the process of hard work and effort, rather than the end result. We want students to learn to work hard and try their best always.
- Establish good routines at home that involve a consistent bedtime. A well-rested child is a happier, more successful child.
- We are a team and partners in your child’s success here at school. Communicate with us often.
Once again, remember to…"Push through your day, Smile, Be Happy, Stay Positive!"
Be safe! Stay well!
Rob & Karen
Let's Stay Connected!
"High Five Fridays" with CPD!
We hope everyone had a great week back from AprIl vacation! Thank you to all that participated in our Scholastic Book Fair. It was so fun for kids to shop and to finally host an event in person! The online store will be open through the weekend for anyone still interested in shopping: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=charlesharringtonelemsch . Lots of fun HPTO activities are coming to a close this weekend.
Here's a snapshot of activities:
April Calendar Raffle: Our daily April calendar raffle ends this weekend and the grand prize winner will be announced on Monday!
Readathon: Congratulations Harrington students!!! You successfully completed your reading challenge. Readathon donation envelopes are due on Monday, May 2nd. Readathon prizes will be sent home the week of May 23rd. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced at the end of next week.
Teacher Appreciation Week: The fun continues at Harrington with Teacher Appreciation week May 2nd-May 6th. HPTO has appreciation activities planned for all Harrington staff each day next week. For anyone interested in contributing, HPTO is gladly accepting donations of individually wrapped snacks to stock the teacher's room. Snacks can include but are not limited to: breakfast bars, trail mix, chips, candy, dried fruit, crackers etc. Donations can be sent into school with your student or placed in a collection bin located at the main entrance of Harrington. Kindly send donations in by Wednesday, May 4th. In addition to this, we would ABSOLUTELY love notes of appreciation from families and/or students. Please take a moment to write a small note to any Harrington Staff to show your appreciation. Notes can be sent into school with students or placed in the donation bin.
As always, thank you for your continued support!