Time-Worthy Tech Tips
from your District ITS
The first group of of teachers being trained on Blackboard is moving into their second unit of the four unit class. This group is referred to as Cohort 1.
Cohort 1 is submitting feedback that will be used to enhance the class before the next group begins.
The Cohort 1 Team will be the first line of support for all subsequent groups of teachers in the building as they work through the class.
Following the completion of the class with Cohort 1, FCIT will reach out to building administrators to determine how Blackboard training will be rolled out at each school.
Cohort 1 may be able to "go live" with their class beginning second semester of this school year.
What is the difference between Google and Google Chrome?
In the Fayette County School System, we rely heavily on the Google Apps for Education suite to access our documents, email, calendar, and apps. However, what is the difference between Google and Google Chrome?
Google is an Internet search engine that you can access from any web browser including Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome is a web browser used to access the Internet.
The beauty of using Google Chrome as a web browser is that once logged in, you can access not only the Internet, but your documents, email, calendar, and apps. To sign into the Google Chrome web browser, follow the steps shown in the video found HERE.
When should you sign into Google Chrome?
- On your teacher computer in your classroom
- When you login to a Chromebook you are automatically signed into Google Chrome
- Do not login to Google Chrome from a lab computer or another computer that you do not use on a regular basis. If you do sign in, just make sure that you sign out as you saw in the video.
When signed into either Google Chrome (directions HERE) or a Chromebook , students can now access the following bookmarks found on the bookmarks bar: Scholastic, Infinite Campus, Moby Max. Students should see "mail.fcboe.org bookmarks" in the top left corner.
HOW CAN INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY HELP?
- meet with you after school or during planning to work on lesson plans
- teach a sample lesson to your students using the Nexus Tablets or Chromebooks
- observe your class and then offer suggestions on how to best embed technology
- provide hands-on assistance in your classroom