SAMPGRAF STYLE 'TSR'
TANGED REINFORCED GRAPHITE SHEET
QUALITY HIGH TEMPERATURE EXHAUST MATERIAL
PURE EXPANDED FLEXIBLE MINERAL GRAPHITE 'TANGED' GASKETING SHEET WITH PERFORATED STAINLESS STEEL PLATE INSERT (with corrosion inhibitor)
Style TSR with perforated stainless steel sheet inserted is easy to handle. It has low permeability to gases and is impermeable to liquids. It has low diffusion rates, high blow-out resistance and high mechanical strength. Because of its natural form Style TSR has got good scratch resistance and is a good ‘anti-stick’ agent on all flanges.
It can be used in air from the lowest temperature up to 550°C. Operating pressure is extended to 220 bar. It has good resistance to chemicals, good shear strength coupled with good resistance to thermal shock. Multiple inserts available on request.
- Multiple service material
- Will not melt or support combustion
- Gaskets will not harden, brittle or cold flow
- Small flange surface irregularities easily filled under lighter bolt load
- No need to adjust flange load
- Standard sheet size : 1000mm x 1000mm
- Thicknesses : 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm
- Other thicknesses available to special request
- Can be supplied in gasket form to suit International standards or to customer specification.
Purity : 98%
Density of graphite : 1.0 g/cm³
Ash content of graphite : <0.5%
Chloride content : <50ppm
Thickness of S/S insert : 0.10mm
ASTM ‘m’ factor : 2.5
ASTM ‘y’ stress : 4000 psi
Compressibility ASTM F36A-66 : 30 to 40%
Recovery ASTM F36A-66 : 15 to 20%