High School Principals' Newsletter
Nuance by Michael Fullan
Sign up for technical assistance to help you allocate resources for your focus areas.
MiSTEM News from Diana Allard-Check it out!
Genesee Opportunity Numbers--How are we doing?
Take the Genesee Opportunity Quiz:
1. T/F All of my senior students know about Genesee Opportunity
2. T/F All of my senior parents know about Genesee Opportunity
3. T/F We have a process to ensure that all seniors apply to Genesee Opportunity
4. T/F We have a process to remind former seniors to apply and get information needed
5. T/F I work with my counseling/leadership team to continue to monitor progress
6. T/F Our team's goal is 100% student participation
SLIDE FOR SENIOR HONORS NIGHT....!
Linking Walk Facilitator Support Network-Save the Date
We will be sending this special invitation out soon!
You are Invited:
Atherton* Beecher* Bentley* Carman-Ainsworth* Clio* Flushing* GCI* GEC/MMC* Grand Blanc* International Academy of Flint* Kearsley* Lake Fenton* Montrose* Mt. Morris* Swartz Creek* Westwood Heights* Flint (Youth Quest)
Fliers and Cards
Spring School Improvement Update and Planning Workshop-May 8th
Two Sessions Available!
AM Session 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. - FULL
PM Session 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. - Register here!
1000 Gladwyn Street
Flint, MI 48504
School Improvement-Career Awareness
Questions to ask:
How would you approach this new language and/or incorporate into your existing strategies?
What are you/we already doing that supports this?
What makes sense for the different grade levels? (you determine)
How could you enhance your current SIP goals to include more career related opportunities?
How could we enhance our existing relationships with businesses/community?
The GISD will host a Spring School Improvement Workshop that will highlight all changes!
Word on the Street...
1. The framework that MDE is using for the MiCIP is the Whole Child. Goals may look different in the future...
2. ASSIST ONE more year
3. Once the the MICIP is implemented, Program Evaluation will most likely be embedded into the School Improvement Plans and not be a separate process.
Social Studies Standards Update
The newly revised Social Studies Standards were presented to and received by the State Board of Education on Tuesday, April 9. During the next few weeks MDE will offer a series of Listen and Learn session to acquire public feedback on the 2019 version of the standards. That feedback will be reviewed by the writers and then a final copy will be presented to the State Board of education for approval on June 11.
Below you can find the dates, locations, and times for each session; copies of the standards; and access to the online survey.
Public Comment Dates
Professional Learning Opportunities
View professional development opportunities offered by GISD!