Here's what's happening at Life School Carrollton! #CHIRP
March 16th Update From Mrs. Villavaso
Boxed meals are now available to LSC students. Boxed meals will include breakfast and lunch. Meal pick-up is only available by drive-through pickup between 10 am and 12 pm at Life School Carrollton starting on Wednesday, March 18th.
***USDA program requires students to be present for meal pick-up.***
In order to provide efficient pick-up service, please write your student’s full name, campus and grade level on a sheet of paper to provide to the volunteer when picking up meals.
For planning/ meal prep, please complete the following survey.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Distance Learning Site
Life School is committed to providing quality education and continued learning during times of extended closure. Based on the most recent information from TEA, we have learned that providing continuity of learning will help minimize the long-term impact on students and families. In an effort to not have additional make-up days or an extended school year, we are creating distance learning opportunities for our students.
We have an awareness that students’ education is paramount, but also acknowledge the diversity of family life situations and are sympathetic to the other demands that this unprecedented time is requiring of families, including differing levels of access to technology. During this time, we would like to partner with you and provide access and opportunities for your students to continue their learning each day at home.
To assist you in engaging in your student’s education, we have launched a Distance Learning website. Here you can explore the Distance Learning Resources or access grade-specific Distance Learning Activities.
- The resources included on the website are meant to serve as a tool for families.
- There is not an expectation for assignments to be turned in at this time.
- We understand that everyone will not have the capacity to complete the activities or have immediate access to the website.
- We would like to encourage all parents to find at least 20-30 minutes to engage in math and reading activities each day, as the continuation of these subjects is critical for student success.
- We will continue to release additional activities throughout the week in these important subjects.
This site also gives us the beginning framework of a platform to extend our distance learning opportunities, should the closure continue beyond this week. We are developing plans and contingencies if that occurs and will communicate with you frequently throughout the week.