Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
November 30, 2021
- Tuesday, November 30th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, November 30th- 7th & 8th Boys’ Basketball at Tonica @ 5:00pm- CANCELLED
- Tuesday, November 30th- 8th Grade Girls' Basketball Regional @ Seneca Grade School South Campus vs. Oglesby Washington @ 4:30pm
- Thursday, December 2nd- 5th Boys’ Basketball vs. Waltham @5:00pm
- Friday, December 3rd- 7th Only Boys Basketball Marseilles Terry Piletic Inv. TBA
- Saturday, December 4th- 7th Only Boys Basketball Marseilles Terry Piletic Inv. TBA
- Monday, December 6th- 5th & 6th Grade Boys' Basketball vs. Ransom/St. Michael @ 5:00pm
- Monday, December 6th- 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball at Milton Pope @ 5:00pm
- Tuesday, December 7th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Tuesday, December 7th- Book Fair Family Night in library 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Wednesday, December 8th- 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball at Waltham @4:00pm
- Wednesday, December 8th- Wrestling @ Ottawa with Seneca @ 4:30pm
- Thursday, December 9th- 5th & 6th Boys’ Basketball at Putnam County (Hennepin)
- Saturday, December 11th- Wrestling 14th Annual Panther Invitational @9:00am
Notes from the Office
Please be on the lookout for the STAR360 test results to be sent home for you to see how your child is performing on the standardized test in math and reading. This information will show you how your child is performing in relation to grade level peers.
The end of quarter 2 is Friday, December 17th. Report cards will be coming home in January.
We have a busy couple of weekends at MES. Join us this Friday and Saturday for the Terry Piletic Invitational basketball tournament for our 7th grade boys. We also have TNT's annual Fun Run 5K this Saturday at 9am. Registration will be from 8:15am-8:45am at Knudson Park. Check out more information below. The following Saturday, December 11, MES will host the 14th Annual Panther Invitational Wrestling Tournament.
The colder weather is upon us. Please continue to have your child practice zipping his/her coat at home! If your child is in need of a coat, please communicate with the school. We will make sure your child has a winter coat.
If your child has received his/her vaccination, please make sure the school has a copy of the card. We use this information for contact tracing as it changes the process for exclusion and/or test to stay.
Please see the information below regarding testing locations for COVID. The document indicates where to test if you are symptomatic, asymptomatic or if you need to test for any other reasons. The document can also be found on the district website. If you are having any issues with testing, please reach out to the office at MES.
The Book Fair is Coming to MES!
Check Out What's Happening in 1st Grade!
Erin's Law Curriculum
Lunch Menu for Next Week
COVID Informational Letters
In order to keep our students and staff safe, we plan to align our protocols and procedures with the most recent guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, who developed their guidance with the CDC and IDPH.
If your child or anyone in the home is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep your child (and any siblings) home until you speak with our nurse. If any student(s) are in quarantine and would still like lunches and breakfasts, please email Terrie Spicer by 9:30am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the attendance line to report the absence at 815-795-8795.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
If you are calling in your child(ren) for the day, please call our attendance line at 815-795-8795 telling who the child is and why he/she will be out of school.
Questions can be directed to the main office at 815-795-2428 or sent to the staff member directly via email. Email addresses can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.
As a building, please know, we want what is best for your child(ren) and every other child. We will do our best to meet the needs of your students and look forward to a great year together! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.