Eastland Middle School
Haga clic en "Translate" en la parte superior de la página para elegir su idioma preferido.
What is a School-Parent Compact?
The parents, students and staff of Eastland Middle School developed this School-Parent Compact for Achievement. Teachers suggested home learning strategies, parents added ideas to make them more specific, and students told us what would help them learn. Meetings are held each year to review the compact and make changes based on student needs.
Parents are welcome to contribute comments at any time.
Eastland Middle School has a Meet the Teacher event every year, giving parents the opportunity to tour the campus and meet their child's teacher.
A monthly calendar of events is published and posted on the EMS Facebook to keep parents and families updated about school events and activities.
Communication about Student Learning
Eastland Middle School is committed to frequent two-way communication with families about children's learning. Some of the ways you can expect us to reach you are:
- regular grade reports will be sent to each student every three weeks
- parents will be given access to and encouraged to utilize the Parent Portal to view students current grades and attendance
- teachers are available for phone calls and/or conferences
Do you have questions about your child's progress? Contact your child's teacher by phone (254-631-5040) or email. To find a teacher's email, please click the "Email" button below.
Our Goals for Student Achievement
Our goal is to improve academic achievement for all students and to create a campus climate
where parents and staff work together as partners to benefit our students academically, socially, and emotionally.
What this means…
It is our commitment to our students to:
- help them become better students
- train them to be independent critical thinkers
- set goals and measure their progress
- be better than they were the day before
We want to create an environment where students not only grow academically but are given opportunities to excel socially and receive support emotionally.
Teachers, Parents, Students--Together for Success
In the Classroom...
- Make learning expectations clear and commit to answering student questions and providing extra help
- Talk to students about their learning goals and celebrate with students when they reach their goals
- Discuss with teachers, administrators, the counselor and/or the school social worker any concerns regarding students' academics or social and emotional well-being.
- Ask their student what they learned at school. Ask them to explain or elaborate.
- Encourage students to read 20 minutes each night. Ask them about what they have read.
- Encourage them to get plenty of sleep and eat a healthy breakfast. Kids need routine!
- Communicate regularly with your child's teacher.
- Get connected with Parent Portal.
- Talk with their family about what they are learning in school
- Take home and give to parents or guardians any communications from the school including any needed forms and information regarding school activities and parent involvement opportunities
- Complete assignments and always try their best
- Ask for help from a teacher or administrator
- Report if they are having problems academically, socially, or emotionally.