University of Arkansas
Location: Fayetteville, AR 72701
CALLING THE HOGS
- The Hog Call is one of the most recognizable chants in all of sports. Here are the basics:
- Raise your arms above your head during the The Hog Call is one of the "Wooo" and wiggle your fingers for a few seconds.
- Next, bring both arms basics: straight down with fists clinched while yelling, "Pig."
- Then extend your right arm with the "Sooie."
- Repeat these steps two more times and finish by yelling
- "Razor-Backs" like this:
Woooooooo. Pig Sooie!
The U of A boasts one of the most unique traditions found on any campus: Senior Walk, consisting of more than 5 miles of sidewalks engraved with the names of more than 150,000 University of Arkansas graduates, dating back to 1876. It's the university's longest tradition in both length and years. Senior Walk is concrete proof of the university's commitment to students. This is awesome! I'd love to see my name on the ground when I go back to visit.
During the early history of the university, male and female students were not allowed to mingle. In those days, students sometimes left love notes tucked into crevices of a limestone rock near Old Main. As time wore on, Spoofer's Stone became a popular site for marriage proposals. This is so sweet. It makes my heart swell with happiness. If only this still existed!