Body Image and the Media Project
by Adam T
Body Image-The way one pictures their body
beauty-the appearance of ones body such as shape,color and form
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
2. Body image is closely linked to self-esteem. low self-esteem in people can lead to eating disorders, early sexual activity and suicidal thoughts.
3. 91% women are unhappy with there bodies and result to diets.
4. 58% of college girls feel pressured to be a certain weight
5. studies show, the more girls watch reality tv the more they will think they need to be a certain weight.
6. more than 1/3 of the people who admit to normal dieting will merge into pathological dieting.
7. in a survey, more than 40% women and 20% men agreed they would result to cosmetic surgery in the future.
8. students, especially women, who consume more mainstream media, place a greater importance on overall appearance and sexiness than those who dont consume much.
9. 95% of people with eating disorders are between ages 12-25
10. only 10% of people suffering from an eating disorder will seek help
steps to better body image
Keep a list of things good about yourself and make sure its not related to weight.
Look at yourself as a whole person, whem you look in a mirror look at yourself as a whole.
Hang around good positive people. It makes it easier to feel good about yourself.
Wear clothes that are comfortable and make you feel great about yourself.