Sherman Middle School
April 4 - April 8
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month!
Assistant Principal Week!
We love our APs!
Wed., April 6th - 6th grade A&B Honor Roll Celebration!
Thurs., April 7th - 7th & 8th grade A&B Honor Roll Celebration! 4:00 p.m. SMS Tennis Match vs. Piner @ SMS
Fri., April 8th - A Honor Roll Celebration!
Sat., May 21st - 7:00-10:00 p.m. 8th Grade Farewell @ SHS
Honors BAND UIL - Sweepstakes!
Way to go Honors Band! #GoBearcats
Symphonic Band UIL
Reading in Ms. Cummins' Class!
Spring Fling Dance
Bearcat Builder - Thank you Mr. Monk!
Mrs. Jenson, SMS Art Teacher
Farewell Guidelines - 8th Grade ONLY
· Admission is limited to currently enrolled SISD 8th grade students only
· Current SISD ID must be shown for admission @ the door
· Attending students must meet the following discipline criteria during the 4th 9-Week grading period as established in the Student Handbook:
- No DAEP placements
- No out of school suspensions
- No more than two ISS placements
Appropriate attire- formal wear:
- Strapless dresses must have clear/transparent straps
- No low cut or cleavage showing
- No stomachs showing
- Back side-nothing bare below the bra line
- Slits (if any) must be closed at fingertip length
- Short dresses cannot be shorter than three inches above the knee
- No shorts
- No jeans
- No gym wear
- No sagging (No underwear showing)
- No t-shirts
- No flip flops
Any student that leaves before the official end of the dance will not be readmitted
Students must be picked up promptly at 10:00 p.m.
Become a SMS Bearcat Builder!
Here are some ways you can be a part of what SMS is doing to become a "Bearcat Builder":
- Greeting at the door during arrival (High-fives & good mornings)
- Hallway greeters
- Building Projects
- Attend events
- Classroom connections: share careers, talents, etc..
- Supplies & material prep
- Donations & Support
and much more! Become a SMS HERO! Become a Bearcat Builder!
VOLUNTEERS! We want YOU!
Sherman ISD requires background checks for volunteers and other purposes. If you plan to volunteer or have been instructed to submit a background check, please review the following:
- Completion of this form is required once each year.
- Background checks are cleared at the end of the school year by the last week of June.
- New background checks can be submitted for a new school year starting in July.
- Use your legal name as it appears on your driver's license or other official ID.
- This form requires either a Social Security Number or Visa Number in order to complete the application.
- Background results may take 3-5 business days to complete.
To volunteer, you must fill out an application every year. Please click here to fill out an application.
We look forward to meeting you!
Who Are We? Bearcats!
Please follow SMS on Facebook!