Mrs. Lee's Weekly Update
News for the Week of September 26, 2012
We will test on the following dates: September 27, October 4, October 9, and October 15. We will take our first MAPS test this Thursday at 11:30am. The computer lab tends to be cool so please send your child with a sweatshirt.
Scholastic Book Order Due October 5
Scholastic Book Orders are coming home today and are due by October 5. I registered our class for online ordering. When you order online, you get a coupon for a free book and our clas gets a free book with each online order. If you would like to order online, see the back of the order form. Our class code is LBJ3L. You may also return the order form along with a check made to Scholastic.
Pete the Cat
Our class made a Pete the Cat class book last week. Each child is taking turns bringing home the class book along with the original book and CD. Please take time to enjoy these books at home then return to school to following day so everyone has a chance to take them home.
- Reading Workshop- using strategies when we get stuck on a word: using the picture, getting mouth ready, stretching out words slowly, looking for chunks in words, skipping an unknown word then rereading to decode
- Shared Reading- using reading strategies to decode unknown words, reading known words correctly, reading words in phrases for fluency
- Writing Workshop- beginning narrative unit of study: narrative immersion, developing ideas for writing narratives
- Math Workshop- numeration: one more, addition sentences, exploring what equal means
- Social Studies- map skills: map key, using a compass rose
School pictures will be October 2. They will take class and individual pictures. Please return the picture form that went home last week to select your background and prepay for a picture package.
Remember, all money and permission slips are due by October 1 for our field trip. Please return these as soon as possible. If you are unable to pay for the trip at this time, please let me know and we can make accommodations.
Mark Your Calendars
- September 27- MAPS testing
- October 1- Field trip money and permission slip due
- October 2- School Pictures
- October 5- Book orders due