I hope everyone is well rested and ready to take on the week after a long weekend!
6th Grade Band
Students finally received their instruments on Friday! I hope you are enjoying hearing your child practice at home. We will be making huge progress in the classroom this week. Students should be working on their first five notes at home. Remember students should be practicing for 15-20 minutes a day. Please encourage them to practice!
7th and 8th Grade District Honor Band/All-State.
- *NEW* We will be holding practice for DHB/All-State after school from 4-5:00 p.m. every Wednesday until auditions in December. This is a time when students can practice with their sections and receive feedback on sight reading. These practices are not mandatory but HIGHLY encouraged.
- I highly encourage private lessons to give students the best possible outcome and success. You can find a list of instructors HERE.
- Money is due Tuesday, September 6th.
- On Thursday, September 8th from 4-6:30 p.m. you are welcome to drop off rocking chairs early. Please use the side door by the band room. It is the first side door/awning in the carpool line near the bus ramp.
- If you are bringing chairs Friday, please drop them off in the cafeteria after 4:00 pm.
- After the rock-a-thon, students and chairs need to be picked up at 9:30 pm by the bus ramp.
- If you signed up to help, I will be emailing you soon. If you would like to sign up to bring food/chaperone, please use the link below.
Talon of the Week
- Rock-A-Thon parent permission form/money due, Rock-A-Thon Packet
- Middle School Percussion Practice 4-5 pm
- Marching Band Practice 6:30-9 pm
- *NEW* 7th/8th Grade District Honor Band Practice 4-5 p.m.
- Marching Band/Band-Aid Practice from 4-6:30 p.m.
- Rocking chair drop off from 4-6:30 p.m.
- Rock-A-Thon 4pm-9:30pm
September 16th: 7th/8th Middle School Band Night at FBHS