Madras Announcements: May 4 , 2015
Football Spring Training and Tryout Information
Before you can participate
- You will need your athletic packet completely fill out and turned in to Mrs. Stanley (front office) by May 1st.
- You can fail no more than one class first semester.
- You can fail no more than one class second semester.
- You must sign up with Coach Hitchcock. He will be on your hallway several times before May 1st for you to sign up.
7th graders: May 4th, 5th, and 7th
- Pick up will be 5:15.
- Bring shirts, shorts, running shoes or cleats
6th graders: May 11th and 12th
- Pick up will be 5:15
- Bring shirts, shorts, running shoes or cleats.
Spring training will be used as part of the try out process. Participation is required. Absences without a prior excuse will count against you. No cuts will be made during spring training.
We will continue try outs at the end of July. The date will be determined by the end of spring training.
Pep Squad Informational Parent Meeting (7th Grade Parents and Daughters)
Eighth Grade Semi Formal, May 9th
Madras Middle School Eighth Grade presents an “Evening Under the Stars” on Saturday, May 9, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Madras Middle School. This eighth grade semi-formal is for Madras Middle School Students only, and the cost of admission is $20.00 per person and includes a catered meal, drinks, snacks, and entertainment (DJ). This special event is for Madras students only and gives them an opportunity to socialize and have fun with their classmates to celebrate their eighth grade year. It is our hope that every student will be able to attend. (Tickets will be available for purchase at school during homeroom April 15 - May 6.)
We expect our students to represent Madras well, especially since the dance is being held on a weekend night. Any student who is involved in any serious incident resulting in office referral that requires administrative actions, will not be eligible to attend. Specific details are outlined in a parent letter that will go home on April 14th. In addition to keeping behavior in check, all students will need to clear up all lunch charges and book fines to participate.
Dress Code for Ladies
- Dresses or tops cannot be strapless (can be halter style providing it covers traditional bra area; clear clip-on straps may be used).
- Dresses or skirts must be at least fingertip length.
- Dresses or skirts cannot have slits above the fingertips
- Dresses or tops must cover the traditional bra in front and back.
Dress Code for Guys
- Dress pants
- Dress shirt
- Dress shoes
- Jackets are not required
From the Eagle Cafe.....
We are very excited to announce a new item at Breakfast, a "Morning Snack Pack". It will now be a second choice at breakfast. Students and teachers will have the option to purchase a regular breakfast or a Morning Snack Pack (to be named at a later date). The Morning Snack pack will have all the components of a reimbursable meal (with or without a drink) and will follow the nutritional guide lines. We hope to attract the nontraditional breakfast crowd to increase our participation at breakfast. This is a must see item! Join us for breakfast and grab one for yourself.
Lunch Menu Changes
- Tuesday, 4/21/15 - Cheeseburger or Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Wednesday, 4/22/15 – Honey BBQ Wings or Mini Sloppy Joes
- Thursday, 4/24/15 – BBQ Pork Sandwich or Hot Dog
- Tuesday, 4/28/15 – Cheeseburger or Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Wednesday, 4/29/15 – Chicken Tenders or Country Fried Steak
- Friday, 5/1/15 – Breakfast for Lunch – Pancake Pup w/Syrup or Sausage Biscuit w/Jelly
4/30/15 is the last day students will be allowed to charge on their account.
THREE WAYS TO GET CONNECTED!
Sign Up for Eagle Notes
(Online News and Information via Email)
Send an email to email@example.com and enter your first and last name in the body of the message. You will automatically be signed up to received school announcements throughout the year. If at any time you'd like to stop receiving emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and type the word "unsubscribe" in the message.