The Career Insider
Volume I, Issue 16
In This Week's Career Insider Issue...
- Last week to Pick up Free BEYOND THE HILLTOP Padfolios!
- EVEN MORE JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! FOR RECENT GRADUATES!
Kiewit searching for Business Specialist - recent graduates apply
- FosterQuan LLP seeks Global Case Coordinator
- Register for CPAM 1110.02 Jobs to Internships for Fall 2015
- The Internship Corner
- Junebug Weddings seeks Marketing Intern for Paid Internship
- Austin Technology Council seeks 2 Hilltoppers for Paid Internship!
- Spiceworks seeks Account Management Intern ASAP!
- What You Missed Last week
- Career Funnies
While we know you are super busy with finals and graduation plans, we at Career and Professional Development would love for you to take a few minutes to complete the Beyond the Hilltop graduation survey you started. Your information is highly important to us.
If you don’t remember how to get back to the survey, simply go into your stedwards email, search your email and search for an email from SEU titled Class of 2015 Beyond the Hilltop Graduate Survey. The link will allow you to continue completing Beyond the Hilltop.
In addition, please don’t forget to pick up your FREE graduation gift waiting for you in Moody Hall 134. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at 512-448-8530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, we are so proud of you and your accomplishment. We look forward to seeing you go Beyond the Hilltop!
Even More Jobs for Recent Graduates!
Kiewit Seeks Business Specialist
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Managing transactional accounting (payroll, payables, receivables)
• Job Cost Management (cost, budgets, forecasting)
• Human Resources including employment law and labor compliance
• Environmental Compliance
• Managing subcontractor process, including bonds and insurance
• Subcontract Administration
• Certified Payroll and Davis Bacon Wages
• Tax Issues and Business Law as it relates to our operations (prompt payment, liens, etc)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field) – preferred, but not required
• Must possess knowledge of basic accounting functions
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• SAP experience preferred
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Organized with the ability to balance various priorities
• Works independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Must be a self-starter, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
For additional information, please contact Katie Luther at email@example.com or (512) 347-0201.
Apply online at www.kiewit.com
The Firm’s Global Section assists clients with obtaining immigration status, visas and work authorization in countries for U.S. and third-country nationals around the world. Global Case Coordinators work with attorneys and other section staff to manage Global cases, from case initiation by the client and identification of the immigration strategy and related requirements, to preparation of the applications and acquisition of the visa or other status documents. The work environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with a strong international bent. Global Case Coordinators regularly communicate with case stakeholders around the world, often in foreign languages. While direction and training are provided by supervising staff (especially for Case Coordinators with no prior immigration experience) individual initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
• Perform Global Section casework, including:
• Research immigration law and procedures around the world
• Assist with implementation of case strategy
• Analyze information and documents provided by client to determine next steps for case prosecution
• Prepare draft documents for immigration applications
• Communicate with clients and Firm’s global partners
• Maintain case records
• University degree.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Foreign language fluency is preferred.
• Experience living or working outside the United States or the candidate’s home country is preferred.
• Individual must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
Online Application Address:
Skillpoint Alliance - Project Facilitator (Velocity Prep) Intern
ACS Athletics - Design Intern
Credit Union Department - 2015 Summer College Student Intern
For more internship opportunities, visit Hilltop Careers!
The intern will work closely with the Director of Partnerships and Outreach to execute TLC’s social media and digital marketing plan to reach new audiences and support our core mission of private land conservation across Texas.
This internship will offer the student a broad understanding of the work of land trusts, including how we achieve permanent protection for strategic conservation lands and waters across our state, and the role that individuals, businesses and institutional partners play in making our work possible.
Please apply for this internship by clicking here: http://goo.gl/aqUnmQ
We are a luxury wedding website that features top wedding professionals from around the world. In order to bring value to our wedding professionals/members, we need to boost traffic to our site. We are currently looking to hire two marketing interns (with possible room for growth) to assist us in our marketing efforts.
Please apply for this internship here: http://goo.gl/BZMlnW
Austin Technology Council Seeks Marketing and Sales Interns
ATC is a small, tight-knit team that believes in working together to achieve great results. While we work hard, we also believe in team celebrations and a happy work-life balance. From day one, you’ll be welcomed to the team with a "family lunch," and quickly find out what it means to be part of our strong, dedicated team. Benefits include: Unmatched networking opportunities with top technology executives; Team Achievement Celebrations; Employee Achievement Awards and Office Fun Days
The Marketing Intern will assist with all ATC marketing efforts, all event planning for the organization and all in-office administrative tasks. ATC marketing efforts drive the organization’s public image, which in turn brings in members and sponsors for the organization.
Please apply for the Marketing internship here: http://goo.gl/BlK5DR
The Sales Intern is responsible for aiding in selling ATC membership and sponsorship to prospective non-members and renewing members by communicating the benefits of ATC; Provides detailed information on various programs offered and orients the client to ATC.
Please apply for the Sales internship here: http://goo.gl/piopHI
SPiceworks seeks Account Management Intern ASAP
Who are you: All your life, online media has been your passion. With your advertising degree in pursuit, you are ready to take that passion and apply it in the real world. And while the agency world is somewhat appealing, you’re really looking for a chance to explore both the publisher and agency sides of the house. You’ll experience all elements of campaign management, including creative development, trafficking, reporting and optimization – no sitting in a corner and producing reports all day. And this will all be done while helping powerhouse brands like Microsoft, Dell and VMware run campaigns that meet-and-exceed their marketing goals. In doing so, you’ll support our sales team in continuing our exponential revenue growth...oh, not to mention, you’ll enjoy the roller-coaster ride of it all along the way!
Who we are: Launched in 2006, Spiceworks is an Austin-based company that’s shaking up the tech space and transforming how products (hardware, software and IT services) are marketed and sold to over 6 million IT professionals around the world. Over 3,000 tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP and Rackspace) use Spiceworks to reach and connect with these IT pros. Historically a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them connect with this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media.”
What you’ll do: We need a go-getter who aspires to find creative and cutting-edge ways to make Spiceworks advertisers successful. Someone who can help orchestrate the million-and-one moving parts (and deadlines!) required to get client campaigns into play in Spiceworks. And in the process, you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of how to monitor, report and advise clients on how to make their campaigns even better.
Your day-to-day (as an Account Management Intern, you’ll):
- Implement, monitor and maintain online advertising campaigns, including coordinating development of creative materials
- Use analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, internally developed tools) to identify, understand and report on what’s causing a campaign to fall-short
- Work closely with more experienced folks on the team to develop strategic recommendations on campaign optimizations and recommendations
- Generate weekly and monthly campaign reports summarizing past campaign performance and optimization recommendations for upcoming month(s)
Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?
- A passion for online advertising! You’re hungry to take your foray into the online media world and expand it so you can learn and apply all facets of account management
- Demonstrated experience with digital media, through internships and/or class projects
- A unquenchable thirst to learn – we’ll throw you in the deep end and expect to you quickly learn to swim
- A Herculean work ethic that just doesn’t quit (and is always looking to climb the ladder)
- Evidence of thriving in a fast-paced (translation: demanding & often times unpredictable!) environment
- Versatile, thick-skinned people skills – you can artfully handle even the most demanding of clients
Ready to toss your hat in the ring? Email your resume to Courtney Kolar – firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Beyond the Hilltop is an online graduate survey hosted by Career and Professional Development targeting graduating students for the Class of 2015. We aim to capture over 90% of our graduating class. Graduating students were emailed this survey on Monday, April 13, 2015. The Beyond the Hilltop campaign will conclude at 11:59 pm on Saturday, May 9, 2015.
Graduating students who complete the online survey will be rewarded with a professional padfolio embossed with St. Edward's University Alumni Association. Upon completing the survey, we ask that students print out the completion form at the end of the survey and visit Career and Professional Development in Moody Hall 134 to pick up their padfolio.
Further information on Beyond the Hilltop can be found at http://bit.ly/BeyondTheHilltop.
Please help us spread the word through social media about Beyond the Hilltop by encouraging the Class of 2015 to complete Beyond the Hilltop. Using the hashtag #BeyondtheHilltop on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, and other social media outlets will help us to reach out to our graduating students and inform them about their awesome gift waiting for them! For more information on our social media strategy, please visit: http://bit.ly/BTHSocialMedia.