BAMS Staff Newsletter
November 3, 2013 - Volume 1, Issue 7
Let's work together to create a positive testing environment! I'm excited to proctor a few exams and get the students I'm working with fired up.
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO
By the end of the 2013-2014 school year, 100% of an identified population of struggling readers in 6th-8th grade will increase their Reading RIT score on the May MAP assessment.
It was great to meet with teams to discuss how we can help some of our lower achieving students in the area of reading. I look forward to putting our plans into action.
I feel our building SLO, compliments our individual SLOs nicely. It's a real positive for our students that we have all of our goals moving in the same direction (literacy).
Out of the Office
- November 5th - 10:00am - 11:30am - Admin Meeting (DMR)
- November 5th - 1-2pm - ELC teaching PE
- November 8th - All day?? School Visit in Lake Geneva?? TBD
- November 12th - 10:00am - 11:30am - Admin Meeting (DMR)
- November 12th - 1-2pm - ELC teaching PE
News and Notes
- Aesop (Automated Subsitute Teacher System) - We are looking to begin using this system in December. Until then please continue to pass subbing needs onto Joan or myself.
- Ugly Sweater Day - Let's get a little crazy November 8th. Please look deep in your closet for a really ugly sweater to wear to school on this day. I think this will be a fun way to show some school and staff pride! I'll think of a prize for the ugliest sweater.
- Staff Hand Prints - The painted staff hand prints in my office will be moving into the hallway by the West entrance. A high school student is currently working on writing and painting the new heading. At a future early release date, we can reprint our hands.
- NVCI Refresher - After school on November 6th, all staff that has been trained in NVCI training will complete a brief refresher in the DMR. This refresher will take about 20 minutes.
- RtI Framework Changing - At early release next week every building is taking some time to communicate our new RtI process. At the last few admin meetings we have been working to tweak our current model.
- Please let me know about about cleaning positives or concerns. I have been very satisfied with what I have seen. Dave Mand and his team are working hard to meet the needs of our building.
- Our first school dance was great! Thank you to Cindy Vander Galien for all your efforts to put this event on. Also, thank you to Beth Stroede for being a chaperone. Sarah McDowell and Kim Broten also made an appearance at the dance. Fun!
- It was really great for me to see the BAMS Medal of Excellence tradition. Thank you to grade level teams for taking the time to write very positive and special notes about the winners. The parents in attendance were very impressed. What a great way to celebrate our great students. We will be ordering a more permanent display for honoring past and present winners.
- Please remember to continue to hand out BAMS Bucks for expected behaviors.
- Next Meeting - November 6th at 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
- First formal observation for Year 3 Staff - Due before January 15th
- Mid-Year Review of SLO - Due Mid-Year (no specific date)
Dates to Remember
- November 4th - Curriculum Steering Committee Meeting at 2:45pm in DMR
- November 5th - First Quarter Grades Due (AM)
- November 6th - NVCI Refresher at 2:45pm in DMR
- November 8th - Ugly Sweater Day
- November 12th - Staff Meeting at 2:50-3:15pm on DMR
- November 13th - Early Release 12:30-4:00pm
Staff Meeting Agenda
November 12th 2:50-3:15pm
- Bullying Reporting
- RtI Game