February 8, 2016
- February 8: turn in grade level APTT activity purchase orders to Daisy
- February 8, 9, & 10: Grades 2-5 Post-Interims (ELA, Math, & Make-ups)
- February 8, 9, & 12: Professional Learning Rotation in Conference Room
- February 12 & 15: Staff & Student Holiday - No School!
- February 16: Professional Development Day - No Students
- February 17: Faculty Meeting
- February 18: Oratorical Contest for 5th Graders
- February 29: PLT Meeting
- March 8: K & 1 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 9: 2 & 3 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 10: 4 & 5 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 11: Early Release (Parent Conferences)
- March 11-13: Midway Mountain Retreat
- March 15, 16, & 17: APTT Night #3
- March 30: Faculty Meeting
From Daisy's Desk: Family Engagement Conference Day 1
How do we engage underrepresented families?
How do we build parent accountability within the community?
1. Make sure first point of contact is positive.
2. Identify struggling students based on data (family situation, academics, etc). Be or find a mentor or champion for that student.
3. Ask yourself, why is this parent not connected? Poor or limited educational experience? Home environment?
4. Know your families through building relationships. What can that family bring to our school?
Thank you Midway for exemplifying best practices around family engagement!
Professional Learning Rotation Schedule for Feb 8, 9, and 11
Grade Levels will be meeting with Ellen Long in the Conference Room on the dates/times below. You will be discussing the data board, but won't be moving student F & P levels yet!
Feb. 8 -- 2:45-3:10 – Kindergarten
Feb 8 -- 3:15-3:40 – 3rd grade
Feb 9 -- 2:45-3:10 – 4th grade
Feb 9 -- 3:15-3:40 – 5th grade
Feb 11 -- 2:45-3:10 – 2nd grade
Feb 11 -- 3:15-3:40 – 1st grade
District Collaboration Day Schedule for February 16th
District Collaboration Day Schedule SPECIAL ED
~Thank you to Angela Vallier, Libby Romig, and Katie Teubl for supporting Jump Rope for Heart by assisting with the Kick-Off last Monday & integrating heart healthy lessons for the month of February!
~Thank you to Leigh Cooper and Ashley Pritchett for their behind the scenes work with a student!