Syrian Civil War
Taylor Tysinger, Levi Cline, Ben Dorsey
When and Where did the Civil War happen?
- Started In March, 2011. Still going to this day.
- Started in Syria.
What Started the Syrian Civil war
- Began due to anti government protest across the arab world.
- Enspired by the fall of the Tunisian regime in early 2011
- Main cause, anger over unemployment
- corruption and state violence under of the middle East most Repressive regimes.
Who Is Involved?
- Two Groups, Bashar al-assad vs. Free syrian army and other terroist groups.
- Bashar al-assad is the current president of Syria.
- The Free Syrian Army is a group of rebels in Syria.
- The Free Syrian army wanted the current regime out of Offiice
Effects of the Civil War
- Within the last 22 months, the Syrian Economy has lost 48.4 Billion Dollars.
- Over 110000 people have died from the conflict.
- Many cities have been destroyed and left in ruins.
- Many men, woman and children have been killed due to the war also.
Lasting Effects of the War
- Thousands of Families left homeless.
- Families are now refuges in many neighboring countries.
- Thousands of Cities lay in ruins.