as a Veterinary Assistant
Who am I?
My interests include drawing, singing, and track.
Three of the skills i have is patience, critical thinking, and adaptability.
My main values are my family, friends, and education.
Where am I going?
My career as a veterinary assistant
- "While veterinary technicians perform tasks such as administering medication and preparing animals for surgery, veterinary assistants fill a different but equally vital role in the veterinarian's office. They support animal doctors and technicians in their daily tasks by cleaning and maintaining equipment, feeding, exercising and grooming patients, preparing and sanitizing surgery suites, restraining and handling patients, and clerical and administrative work." Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2016-17 Occupational Outlook Handbook; Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers.
- The median salary for my job is $23,790Employment of veterinary assistants and laboratory animal caretakers is projected to grow 9 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. In addition to fast employment growth, high occupational turnover should result in very good job opportunities.
- "Employment of veterinary assistants and laboratory animal caretakers is projected to grow 9 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. In addition to fast employment growth, high occupational turnover should result in very good job opportunities."
-Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/veterinary-assistants-and-laboratory-animal-caretakers.htm (visited March 15, 2016).
- My work schedule will include: keeping animals clean, feeding animals, testing animals, assisting in surgery, and talking to the owners.
- Veterinary assistants and laboratory animal caretakers work mainly in clinics, animal hospitals, and research laboratories. Their work may be physically and emotionally demanding.
- My job will allow me to care for precious animals everyday!
How do I get there?
I would like to sign up for Penn Foster College. Its an online college which you go at your own pace. They have the programs needed for my career.
I will need an associates or bachelors degree.