Liberty Academy Newsletter
September 12, 2018
Powerschool: Parents...you NEED this!
What is PowerSchool?
- PowerSchool is the school district's electronic student information system, allowing real-time access to student progress. The parent portal is the "doorway" into the system giving parents access to information about their student.
How do I access PowerSchool?
- All listed parents/guardians may access PowerSchool by navigating to the PowerSchool Public Portal, and creating an account. During creation of the account, the parent must link at least one student by using an Access ID and Access Password provided by your student's school.
What if I don't have an Access ID and Access Password?
- Liberty Academy parents and guardians that do not have an Access ID & Password will need to contact Mrs. Streu at email@example.com. A photo ID, in person, is required in order to obtain the information, ensuring that only authorized persons will have access to your student's confidential information.
I have access to one of my student's accounts, but not another?
- Each student's Access ID & Password is unique to that student. If you already have a PowerSchool log-in and one student linked, you can add another student without creating an entirely new log-in. You must visit the school your student attends, in order to obtain their unique Access ID & Password.
What can I view when I log into PowerSchool?
- PowerSchool will allow you to access your student's schedule, assignments, grades, attendance, and even email your student's teacher directly. Simply click on your student's grade, and you will be taken to a screen showing you assignments for that class. Click on the teacher's name to send an email.
Can my student log into PowerSchool?
- Yes! Your student has their own access to PowerSchool and can view the same information that parent's can view.
What if I have forgotten my password?
- If you have forgotten your username and/or password, please go to the Parent Portal and click "Having Trouble Signing In?" Information will be sent to the email address you registered your account with. Don't forget to check your SPAM email folder! If you have any other questions regarding your PowerSchool Parent account, please contact your student's school.
From the School Nurse:
Immunization Clinic Coming Soon! Registration deadline is September 20, 2018.
Liberty Academy is partnering with Clay County Public Health Center to offer an immunization clinic to all students during the school day on October 4th. The meningococcal conjugate immunization is given after a child's 16th birthday and is required by the state of Missouri before the student may start 12th grade. This optional clinic will help students obtain the required immunization for 12th grade. Students may also receive the flu, HPV, and meningitis B immunizations at the clinic.
ALL STUDENTS CAN PARTICIPATE REGARDLESS OF INSURANCE COVERAGE WITH NO OUT OF POCKET COST.
Please read the Parent Information Letter and FAQ page for more information. Please complete the Registration and Consent form to register for the clinic. Registration deadline for the clinic is September 20, 2018.
If you are unsure if your student has received these immunizations please check with your child's doctor.
Check with your senior to see if semester graduation might be a possibility for them. And if so---let's get this process started NOW! Step one is returning the application!