Principal's Corner #20
January 31, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- To Glenda Cole for her outstanding organization throughout ACCESS Testing! We appreciate you!
From Katie Johnson
- To Erin Wehrle and Amy Bainbridge for letting me borrow your computers to complete ACCESS testing.
From Glenda Cole
- To Megan McDermott for offering to teach a mini lesson on syllabication to our fourth grade intervention students! It was greatly appreciated!
From Sally Wuthrich
- To Joan Salinger for finding me an amazing last minute sub on Sunday. You are the BEST!
- To Caroline, Shana and Cindy, thanks for helping my sub on Monday! I really appreciate you guys! It's so comforting knowing that I have such amazing teammates that made sure everything went great for my students while I was out sick. You are the BEST!
From Michele O'Brien
- To Sally Wuthrich for covering my class when a sub hadn't arrived yet. Thank you so much for adjusting your day at the last minute to help out!
From Lisa Gelwick
I appreciate the effort we make to keep our school clean and fresh, however please remember that air fresheners/sprays and Clorox wipes are not allowed, and definitely should not be used by students. An intermediate level disinfectant should be used to clean surfaces, and the disinfectant should be registered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use as a disinfectant in medical facilities and hospitals. We will be purchasing more of these disinfectant wipes so you can have them available in your classroom.
Please watch for an email message from: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “LPI Online – Request to Assess.” This email will contain information about the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI). The LPI is designed to measure specific leadership behaviors and contributes toward my development as a leader. The LPI Observer survey is a way for you to share how I have demonstrated specific leadership behaviors. It is a leadership development tool that will give me a picture of how others perceive me as a Leader. The information you provide will help me grow as your principal, so please take the time to complete the LPI Observer survey.
Lunch with the Principal
Action Item: Due Friday, February 7th
We are also looking at student engagement as it relates to their participation in after school activities and clubs. Hopefully, your grade level representative for PAC shared that this would be coming; if not, please feel free to come see me or your grade level representative for clarification.
In an attempt to collect this information, we have created a Google Spreadsheet for K-2nd grade: CLICK HERE. For this spreadsheet, there is a tab at the bottom for each k-2nd grade teacher. Click on your tab, and then go through each club listed at the top and have kids raise their hands if they participate THIS YEAR. Then just put a checkmark next to their name, under the correct club. If a student does not participate in any clubs/activities, please check the column "none".
For 3rd-5th (and any K-2 teachers who would rather have students complete a Google Form) - CLICK HERE. Students will individually provide their last name, first name, and select all clubs/activities they participate in THIS YEAR.
Please complete the spreadsheet OR have your students complete the Google Form by the end of the school day Friday, February 7th. This is required. Melissa will then input all of this information into PowerSchool.
Supporting our Before and After School Program
The biggest of those concerns is our transition at the end of the school day. Moving forward each classroom teacher will have B&A lanyards for students scheduled to attend after school in their mailboxes no later than 9:00am. At 2:40, we need students scheduled to go to after school care go use the bathroom and wash their hands (this is a requirement for licensing). When students return from washing their hands, please have them put their lanyards on and line up. Then we are asking one grade level teacher to escort all B&A students from their grade level down to the cafeteria. If you have students who have left during the school day, you will have their lanyards and give them to the escorting teacher to hand off to the B&A staff; we need to communicate to the B&A staff who and why students aren't showing up after school. Please do not bring down these students prior to 2:45.
If you have any questions about this new process, which will start Monday please ask. We want our B&A program to continue to be successful.
- B&A is also looking for someone who is interested in Homework Club (3:40-4:40) - $25 per hour. If you are interest, please see Karen/Andrea.
- If you are working at our B&A program, they will now provide free childcare for employees WHILE they are working in the program.
- We will be reminding parents that our playgrounds are closed until after 5:00. Please help remind parents that our B&A program uses our playgrounds after school and that they are not open to the public during this time.
Thank you for helping support out B&A program at Cottonwood Creek. If you have any questions/concerns, please see me, Karen or Andrea.
IRLA Professional Goals and Growth
While conferencing with students continues to happen, our utilization of the documentation through IRLA is inconsistent. This will continue to be our focus goal for the 2019-20 school year, and we want to provide support so we can achieve this goal. Please plan to meet with Lois and me during your planning time on Tuesday, February 4th in the collaboration room.
Please email me if you are interested in attending the PBL institute; see the information below.
- Tuesday, February 4: IRLA Professional Development during planning time
- Thursday, February 13: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, February 20: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, February 27: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)
- Friday, February 28: Lunch with the Principal, Collaboration Room during lunch blocks
- Friday, March 13: 1st-5th Supply Lists due to Katie
- Thursday, April 2: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, April 9: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, April 16: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)