Dalewood UMC Connection
December 6, 2015
East Nashville Cooperative Charge Conference
Sunday, Dec. 13th, 2-6pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
- Our Leadership Team met on Dec 5, to make plans for the coming year. We will be finalizing those plans on Wednesday, Dec 9, in time for our charge conference.
- Keep our lay leadership committee, leadership council and church leaders in your prayers as we prepare documents, nominate new leaders, and approve a new budget ahead of our upcoming charge conference on Sunday, December 13.
During this advent season, please join us for several opportunities to volunteer and love the community around us. All are invited, young, old, youth, parent, member, non-member, the only requirement is that you want to help the community.
- Our next Supper 'n Serve will be on Wed Dec 16th @ 6:00pm. It promises to be an exciting evening (making Gingerbread Houses, packing toys for 61st Ave. Toy Store, and writing cards of encouragement to local teachers). Please plan to join us.
- All are invited to attend the Charge Conference on Sunday, Dec 13th @ 2:00PM in Langford Hall.
- The 61st Ave Toy Store needs volunteers to help sort toys between Dec 1-17 and to help shoppers from 18-21. If you can help, call them @ 615-292-7184
- Don't forget to make plans to help cook for Second Helping Christmas meal on Dec 24th @1:00PM. Your help is needed!
- Don't forget your registration for Warmth in Winter is due by Sunday, Dec 13th.
- Join us on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- We are collecting toys for the 61st Ave Toy Store. They need toys for all ages especially toddlers and teenagers. You can place them in the Giving Station in the Narthex.
- On Wed Dec 16th at our Supper 'n Serve, we will be making Gingerbread Houses again this year! Miss Lisa needs to know as soon as possible who would like to purchase a house for your family to decorate or if you want to share with others in decorating houses together. Each house is $10.00 which includes the pre-assembled house and extra candy and icing. Email, text, or call Lisa @ 615-336-5467 or lisagiggles@Comcast.net to let her know if you want a house for your family. I need to purchase them as soon as possible.
- Don't forget to continue bringing items for our Care Packages.
- Through January, we will be collecting hats, scarves, gloves, blankets and tube socks for the homeless. They can be for all ages because some whole families are in this situation and need help. You can leave your donations in the Giving Station in the Narthex and their will also be a list of items to donate in the same area.
We will begin collecting toys for the 61st Ave Toy Store this month. They need toys for all ages (especially babies & teenagers). This is it the last distribution center for many families
They are asking that toys be delivered to them by Dec 17. They need 100's of volunteers Dec 18-21 on their shopping days, but also to help Dec 1-17 to sort toys. Call the church at 615-292-7184 if you are able to volunteer your time. If you would prefer to send a monetary donation, please send to 61st Ave UMC last minute toy store, 6018 New York Ave, Nashville,TN 37209.
The Worship Team and SPRC committee have met and finalized the new job description for our Ministry of Music. Please be in prayer for them as they continue their search for just the right person. One of the requirements is they must be able to play an instrument. If you know someone who might be interested, please contact Jay Dawson or the church office.
- Sunday, Dec 20th we will have our annual Christmas Breakfast together in Langford Hall. Make plans to join us and invite your family and friends to come along too. Pastor Kyle will be making pancakes and Cory will be cooking too. An insert will be in the bulletin for you to tell us how many of you can join us.
- Don't forget to share the spirit of Christmas this year by helping out in the many projects that our church and children's ministry are donating to this season. You can be a part of brightening someone's holiday.
- We continue to pray for the victims of violence and their families in California this week.
- We pray for Robbie Adcock and Matt Goodwin who have pneumonia, for Cory's father who has had a stroke and broke his shoulder, and for Joyce Yates who is in Skyline Hospital .