September 9th, 2020
From The Principal
We are up and running! Kudos families for all you hard work and perseverance! It has been amazing seeing the kids again. Thank you all for your patience as our hard working staff worked with you to manage technology issues. We are here for you!
I love seeing all the kids at morning community! This is an option but it is a great way for us to build community among all our scholars, review expectations and set our focus for the day. Here are a couple helpful hints to make it run smoothly:
1. Link is on landing page and your landing page should now be accessible as an app on each scholars' iPad (see message below).
2. If you access it through a phone you may need this number: 120 525 3601
3. Students should not log on before 8:30. Just like being in the building there is no online supervision of this space prior to 8:30.
As always it is an honor to serve as the Principal of Sunflower Elementary.
Let's Talk Attendance
Steps to Insure Your Child is Counted Each Day
2. If student is seen during an AM live session between 8:45 and 11:45 they will be counted present for the AM. Same thing for the PM, if a student is seen in a live session between 12:30 and 3:30 they will be counted present for the PM session. No additional documentation needed. Just a reminder, it is difficult for teachers to see if a student joins late to the live session so please try to be on time so they are counted.
3. If a student is unable to attend a live session during the AM session, they will be marked absent for the morning. The family will get a call around noon from the front office to check in.
4. If a student is unable to attend a live session during the PM session, the student will be marked absent and the front office will email the family a Daily Learning Log that will need to be filled out by the following day. This is required by the state of Kansas. Here is an example of the Daily Learning Log.
5. Families can refer to the teacher's landing page to help fill out the Daily Learning Log.
From The Counselor
Child Nutrition Benefits:
Online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/.
Please see the attached letter for more information about eligibility.
If you prefer a paper copy of the 2020-2021 application, please email Jennifer Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 832-5000 extension 2412.
If you are still in need for CHILD CARE...CORONAVIRUS FAQs Child Care Assistance for Families:
From the PTO
September PTO Meeting
The PTO meeting will be held virtually through WebEx on Tuesday 9/15 @ 7pm. If you would like to join the meeting please send an email to Heather Flachsbarth email@example.com
We will send a WebEx link prior to the meeting.
- What else would you like to learn about these indigenous groups?
- What else would you like to learn about our school's location?