HFRCS Newsletter SY2021-2022
March 8, 2022 - Vol.1 Issue 29
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This past Sunday, we were pleased to open our school to prospective families, current families and Queen of the Universe and St. Frances Cabrini parishioners. Our Open House was a wonderful success! We use opportunities like an Open House to showcase and share all that is good about our school. The best advertisement, however, is word of mouth. Please share the good news about Holy Family Regional Catholic School!
This week, our students in grades 2-7 are taking the Terra Nova tests. The results of these standardized tests help us in future planning. It is very important for your child to be well prepared to take these tests by getting a good night’s sleep and eating a nourishing breakfast.
This week we will also begin our Lenten practice of praying the Stations of the Cross. Grades 1-4 will pray the Stations at 1:15 and grades 5-8 at 2:00. Next Tuesday, students in grades 3-8 will be receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation. We will continue to focus on our Lenten practices of prayer, fasting and acts of charity.
This Friday ends the second trimester. Next Friday, report cards will be sent home. It is important for students to maintain momentum and continue to do the very best work until the end of the third trimester. The race is not yet over; we must continue to work hard to finish with our very best effort!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Conwell-Egan Catholic High School
Student Council, Yearbook Committee, Powder Puff Flag Football
When we did the Powder Puff Flag Football Game for Danica
Advice to Holy Family Students
Always be kind, listen to your teachers, and never give up.
Student Council: Ukraine
Student Council will be sponsoring a two-part fundraiser to provide immediate assistance to families in Ukraine. March 25, Friday, will be an extra $1 dress down day to wear Blue and Yellow only to show our support.
Student Council will be selling $0.50/chance to guess the number of blue and yellow jelly beans in a jar. Chances will be available at all lunch times through March 25. Winner will be announced on Friday, March 25, afternoon. If more than one winner guesses the exact amount, the jelly beans will be split amongst the winners.
All proceeds will be donated to Catholic Relief Services.
Alternatively, you may make a donation through this link: https://fundthefuneral.com/danica-brianne-mulholland
You may place your Yearbook Order (School Year 2021-2022) through the month of March using this link. The cost of the yearbook is $30 each. Don't delay so you don't miss out on bringing home the memories of this school year! Books will be distributed in June for those who ordered.
Note: 8th graders will receive a yearbook as part of their graduation fee so there is no need to place an online order unless they need more than one copy.
If you missed out on ordering the yearbook for previous years, we have limited quantities available for purchase. If you are interested, please send in the payment, exact cash or check payable to HFRCS, in an envelope marked "Past Yearbook" to your homeroom teacher.
- SY 2020-2021 - $25
- SY 2019-2020 - $20
Holy Family's Got Talent
For those who completed the Application/Parent Permission form, auditions were held today, Tuesday, March 8 and will also be held tomorrow, Wednesday, March 9 from 3:00-4:30 pm at the Music Room. Performers will be dismissed at 4:30 pm.
Holy Family's Got Talent will take place on Friday, April 22, 7:30 pm at Conwell-Eagan Catholic High School. We are excited to see our 4th-8th Graders showcase their talents!
Message from the Nurse's Office
- Medication will be administered to students only when failure to take the medication will jeopardize the health of the student, or the student would not be able to attend school if it is not administered.
- Prescription medication must be sent in the original pharmaceutical container and accompanied by a physician’s order to take the medication during the school day.
- Over-the-counter medications, which are not listed on the student’s emergency card, will not be administered unless they are in their original container and accompanied by a physician’s order to take the medication during school hours.
- If a child is to self-administer a medication during the school day, for example, an inhaler, written permission from the child’s physician is necessary.
- All medicines, prescription or over-the-counter, must be brought to school by the parent/guardian and not sent to school with the student or they will not be administered. This includes such things as Tylenol, cough drops, Tums, etc. The nurse has the responsibility of administering all medications.
Reference: Family Handbook, pages 29-30
Physical / Dental Exam Forms
Please turn in the overdue physical and dental exams forms to the Nurse's office as soon as possible.
Contact: Mrs. Barbara McKnight, School Nurse
firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-269-9600 x207
March 7-11 - Terra Nova (Grades 2-7)
March 8, 9 - Holy Family's Got Talent Auditions (Grades 4-8) 3:00-4:30 pm
March 9 - Stations of the Cross 1:15 pm (Gr 1-4), 2:00 pm (Gr 5-8)
March 10 - 8th Grade Trip
March 11 - End of 2nd Trimester
March 14 - Terra Nova Makeup, 3rd Trimester Begins
March 15 - Reconciliation (Grades 3-8) @ 1:00 pm
March 16 - Stations of the Cross 1:15 pm (Gr 1-4), 2:00 pm (Gr 5-8)
March 17 - Student Council $1 Dress Down (Green) Day
March 18 - Report Cards
March 23 - Stations of the Cross 1:15 pm (Gr 1-4), 2:00 pm (Gr 5-8)
March 24 - 7th Grade Visitation Day @ CEC
March 25 - Student Council $1 Dress Down (Blue and Yellow Only) Day
March 30 - Stations of the Cross 1:15 pm (Gr 1-4), 2:00 pm (Gr 5-8)
From the Enrollment Office
Thank you to those who took the time to see our Open House. It was so great seeing everyone. If anyone has any outstanding questions, please feel free to reach out.
If you are interested in sending another child of yours to Holy Family, or have a family/friend who may be interested in joining our community, we encourage you to connect with the Enrollment Office. School tours available Monday-Friday, from 4:00-6:00 pm.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, reflective Lenten Season!
Mr. Jim Downey, Enrollment Director
email@example.com 215-269-9600 x209
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- March 15: Chick-Fil-A Fundraiser (All Day)
- March 18: St. Patrick's Gift Card Bingo @ 7:00 pm, $5 gift card entry, doors open @ 6:30 pm. See flyer for details.
- Until March 25: Fritz's Sticky Bun voucher sale. $10 for 1/2 dozen sticky buns. Vouchers will be distributed the first week of April. See flyer/order form for details.
- Apr 1-May 4: Mother's Day Raffle. See flyer for details.
- May 13: Cash Bingo, St. Frances Cabrini Gymnasium @ 7:00 pm, doors open at 5:30 pm. See flyer for details. Tickets on sale now, $30/ticket in advance ($35 at the door).
- June 12: Holy Family at Trenton Thunder. See flyer/order form for details. Orders are due by May 11th.
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Rev. John R. Weber, Pastor
Rev. Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 pm (Vigil Mass), 7:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 am - Tuesday through Friday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm, Saturdays: 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 am
Congratulations to the 2nd Grade Parishioners of Queen of the Universe who will be receiving their first Sacrament of Reconciliation on Thursday, March 10 at 7:00 PM. God Bless our 2nd Graders!
St. Frances Cabrini
Msgr. Magee, Weekend Assistant
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Included is this week's winnings. Next week's jackpot prize is $16,000.
Lenten Fish Fry
Fish Fry by Chef Rick "Ballpark" Tralies will be available for Dine In or Pick Up on Fridays during Lent from 4:00-7:00 pm. Menu and Order Form is attached. Please drop off your order at St. Frances Cabrini Rectory by 12:00 noon on Friday.
The 2nd Grade parishioners of St. Frances Cabrini will be receiving their first Sacrament of Reconciliation on Saturday, March 19 at 1:00 PM. God Bless our 2nd Graders!
See attached flyer for details.