Capital Health is Hiring!
HIM Coder – Full-Time, Days Capital Health, Pennington, NJ
Capital Health is the region’s leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the brand-new Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell) and the Capital Health – Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
- Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
- Equal opportunity employer.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a full-time, certified Inpatient Coder. Assigns codes accurately to diagnoses and procedures within the medical record to comply with federal and state regulations. Sequences codes accurately for proper and optimal DRG assignment. Queries physicians or hospital staff as needed to ensure proper assignment of codes. Abstracts data from the medical records, and ensures that all required elements are appropriately entered into the hospital information system.
- Assigns codes with high accuracy rate in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Completes coding according to established time frame, and ensures reduced DNFB accounts.
- Maintains excellent accuracy rate for proper sequencing of codes for proper DRG assignment per coding guidelines.
- Discusses medical record information with physicians when necessary in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Contacts physicians or other staff to obtain missing documentation or signatures in a timely manner in an effort to reduce DNFB accounts.
- Abstracts data with a high accuracy rate in accordance with established policy.
- Adapts to changing department demands evidenced by higher department efficiency.
- Opportunity for experienced coders to work remotely. Part-time hours also available.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Understanding of ICD-9 and CPT coding classifications
- CCS and/or CPC-H certification required
Hospital coding experience strongly preferred.
High school diploma or equivalency.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply at the following URL: https://careers-capitalhealth.icims.com/jobs/3758/health-information-management-coder/job